Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/27/2003 8:44:56 AM EDT
This friday I received a check for $9.00, the cost of the replacement nut and S&H my #38EXT.  

So in the end, A.R.M.S joins a lengthy list of companies I wouldn't hesitate to purchase from again due to excellent products and top-notch customer service.

I certainly hope that my earlier post hasn't cost them any business and if it had I must apologize.

Also of note, I believe one should apply the "purple" thread-lock instead of the "red" as I did.  The "red" didn't seem to make it through the urban rifle course I took.

Link Posted: 7/27/2003 9:10:08 AM EDT
[#1]
That was a nice gesture on there part! When you buy expensive equipment you always hope for good customer service! I always hope for no problems, as dealing from one company to another, customer services varies. Usually a company who goes out of there way or bends over backwards for the customer has a repeat customer for life, and free advertising that otherwise they might not be able to afford. I always knew A.R.M.S was a stand up company, I just thought that the wrong person handle MSWANSON's problem. Thanks to the interet and sites like AR15.com,  some of these companies who thumbed there nose at the customer after the sale have been exposed. No doubt some of the companies with poor customer service have had to re-think there customer service policies. Sites like ARCOM puts a new meaning to the "WORD OF MOUTH". I always check here first to see if a product I am going to buy is good or a peice of crap.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 9:22:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Well at least you got your $9.00 back. Thats really all that matters, right?

I certainly hope that my earlier post hasn't cost them any business and if it had I must apologize.
View Quote

Bob
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 10:21:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Regardless of our thoughts on ARMS(one way or the other) or their products it is good you posted this update.  I am sure some will rib you for it but all is well that ends well.  ARMS makes incredible mounts and is always coming up with more.  Hats off to them for their concepts, ideas and products!  They are one of my favorite weapons systems Co.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 11:26:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Well at least you got your $9.00 back. Thats really all that matters, right?

Bob
View Quote

"My thoughts exactly" says I with laughter under my breath and head nodding in sacastic disapproval.

As for ARMS, I never doubted them for a moment.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Im impressed what yuppie whining, not my fault, boy cott their a$$, bitchin' will do. Im going to try it next time I "screw"up. To me a replacement part is a spare part.
GG
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 11:58:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
Im impressed what yuppie whining, not my fault, boy cott their a$$, bitchin' will do. Im going to try it next time I "screw"up. To me a replacement part is a spare part.
GG
View Quote

OTOH, If one makes a truly superior product, does it need replacement parts? Do parts get lost from normal use?

BTW, I sent them an email, as is my policy. When a manuf. of products I am interested in get called out, I only feel it is necessary to let them know, so they can either address it, rectify it, or let it go. Any route they decide, its their call.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Just out of curiousity, did you contact ARMS about the situation?  Or did they just read about it here?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I believe one should apply the "purple" thread-lock instead of the "red" as I did.  The "red" didn't seem to make it through the urban rifle course I took.
View Quote

The last time I read LocTite's .pdf files regarding their threadlockers, purple (222) is some weak stuff. Blue 242(?) is about twice as strong, and red 271 is ~twice as strong as 242.

You did the best you could... other than drill & safety wire that sucker together. [;)]
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 4:08:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Also of note, I believe one should apply the "purple" thread-lock instead of the "red" as I did.  The "red" didn't seem to make it through the urban rifle course I took.
View Quote

Wow, that's impressive.  I'm usually in the opposite situation, trying to figure out how the hell to get a red-loctited nut off without using MAPP.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:22:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Really, darn, I got that backwards.  Anyways, it's on there with the purple for now and hopefully it hold.

Thanks for the correction on the locktite issue.

$9 compounded over 45 years at 8% is $325.47 [^]
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#11]
If I was in charge, you would not have gotten shit.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 7:42:31 PM EDT
[#12]
I was wondering if you got your check. I got one too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

ah...I don't think customer service is your forte, exactly.  

mswanson, glad things worked out for you.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:41:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Author of the award winning book, "How to win friends and influence others".
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 9:18:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Yeah, but hey he did get his $9 back. And I'm sure that Everyone at ARMS will remember his name and call him [b]Mr.[/b] mswanson the next time he contacts them.  After all he's earned their respect by the way he handled the situation with such a distinguished and professional attitude.

First, he was going to crucify them ( as a matter of fact, he DID by dragging them through the mud on the most popular internet board in their industry)

Now he can't say how fine they are since they "now" have top-notch customer service.

Hell, I'd cringe every time the phone rang if all their customers were like MR. mswanson.  

You've won no frinds here sport, get some more time on the board before you call in your next fire mission.  

Flame away - I don't care.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 10:59:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
GG
View Quote

OTOH, If one makes a truly superior product, does it need replacement parts? Do parts get lost from normal use?

BTW, I sent them an email, as is my policy. When a manuf. of products I am interested in get called out, I only feel it is necessary to let them know, so they can either address it, rectify it, or let it go. Any route they decide, its their call.
View Quote

Paying for your errors and your stuff teaches you to respect it and be careful and to watch out. Its like car tires to me. If your hubcap falls off is it the company's fault? Or if your bike gets a flat?

You sent them an Email, cuz your a whiney yuppie wuss also. Birds of a feather, stick together. I would be a a$$hole person that charges you like dianabol might do.
GG
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 11:04:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

My book is "I dont care what you say, Im only trying to $crew your wife"
GG
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 7:15:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Personally, the high cost of these toys (I doubt you're LEO using your ARMS mount for work but if you are, apologies) is ridiculous all the way around.  9 bucks for a nut?  Sounds about right for 100+ mounts.

I'd have sucked it up and considered it part of the hobby, personally...  now if they'd sent me a cracked mount or something then refused to fix it, that'd be crummy service.  Charging you for a part you lost?  C'mon.  They're a business.  There is nothing wrong with making money, as long as people are willing to pay the price, that's perfectly alright.  

Your original post in no way turned me away from ARMS as a supplier of mounts for me...  I'm sure it did nothing but make you look like a whiner.

MHO of course.

Alex
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I want to thank mswanson for raising a stink and getting the attention of the powers that be at A.R.M.S.  

I was stupid and didn't loctite the nuts on my #38-ex... I lost one about a year ago, but shortly thereafter switched to a ACOG (with an ARMS mount BTW), and had been procrastinating about calling to get a replacement nut so that I can sell my #38.

I called today and within 2 minutes they had me taken care of. All they needed was my name and address.. They even offered to send me some loctite for free, but I declined, I was just tickled pink that they would replace a part that I lost because I was stupid....
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:54:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I want to thank mswanson for raising a stink and getting the attention of the powers that be at A.R.M.S.  

I was stupid .....
View Quote

[rolleyes]

"To the fine folks at ARMS": please don't hold the comments of a few new members of this board against all of us that have supported you for many years.

Caveat - IMHO, God help us all, IBTL, and I think I'm going to be sick.

Link Posted: 7/28/2003 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#21]
If memory serves me right, didn't some members mention how ARMS had sent out components at no charge to them. If you buy spares they charge, if you lose something they don't, if break something by improper use they charge. They have been doing it on a case by case basis for years, so it sure doesn't have anything to do with someone wimpering here even if they new it, which I doubt.  
Good shootin, Jack
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 5:10:14 AM EDT
[#22]
xanandu and 3rtk, since you two are all-knowing, explain how it's just a nifty coincidence that somebody complained here and ARMS immediately started giving out replacement nuts with no hassle and even sent refunds and apologies to those who had been grossly over-charged for replacements.

It's obvious to me that someone high up in the food chain got wind of this thread and said "That is *not* how we treat our customers" and sent out a memo proclaiming that "Thou shalt give out free nuts".

It didn't cost them $9 to send out a replacement nut, it should cost them postage + maybe 50 cents for the nut itself if they *really* don't know what they're doing (and I bet they do).  Add in a few minutes of the very nice customer support girl's time, the cost of the envelope and the cost of dropping the nut into the envelope and we're up to a buck (again assuming that ARMS is so clueless that the nut costs them 50 cents).

I didn't expect a free nut, as I said, I lost it because I was stupid.  But I was very pleased at not being hassled about it.  If mswanson hadn't shared his poor customer service story, someone at ARMS would still be charging people for replacement nuts CONTRARY TO COMPANY POLICY.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 7:07:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Well fella, I've got no idea what ARMS customer service policy is.
View Quote

Do you have a reading comprehension problem?

[url]http://www.windrivers-gsp.com/refund.jpg[/url]

Next time, people should think about "sucking it up" before starting or adding disparaging comments to a thread that drags a fine company's name through the muck.
View Quote

Yeah, they should just meekly "suck it down" instead when they're not happy with the service that they received.
Link Posted: 7/29/2003 9:03:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Pulled my post, and "No" I don't have reading comprehension problem.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top