Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/26/2003 11:55:35 PM EDT
I own a Colt mfg. stamped AR-15 A2 222.cal.

All I know is the gun shop I bought it from said it had been there for 14+ years, and they bought it to be sold as a collectors item.

It was the first Preban I bought, I payed $1800.00 for it.

Has anyone seen one in the flesh?
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 2:58:22 AM EDT
[#1]
I believe the .222 ARs were made for export to countries where the ownership of rifles of military caliber is strictly forbidden.  A few made it onto the U.S. market, so yes I guess it is a collector's item.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Hi:

Yes, .222 ar15´s were made to export them to countries like mine (Spain), where unfortunalety military calibers are restricted.
In my opinion this kind of laws have no sense.
I have an ar15 Sporter 2 A2 in .222 and is   really amazing, accurate and reliable. I recently wrote a message in  this forum asking about target effective range of this caliber. Colt doesn´t make any more of these, but Olimpic Arms and others still do and are sold in Spain.

Greetings from Rapaz (Spain)
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:39:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Hi:

Yes, .222 ar15´s were made to export them to countries like mine (Spain), where unfortunalety military calibers are restricted.
In my opinion this kind of laws have no sense.
I have an ar15 Sporter 2 A2 in .222 and is   really amazing, accurate and reliable. I recently wrote a message in  this forum asking about target effective range of this caliber. Colt doesn´t make any more of these, but Olimpic Arms and others still do and are sold in Spain.

Greetings from Rapaz (Spain)
View Quote

Rapaz,
don't know if your "effective range" question was answered or not but I do remember your other post.  The effective range is roughly 400 meters.  (I know this rough estimate is likely to cause disagreement among members here but that's still my estimate.  Of course I'm so ill-informed that I believe the EFFECTIVE range of the .308 is about 700 meters, the .300WinMag about 1200 meters, the .338 Lapua about 1500 meters.............)

5sub
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top