Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/25/2003 6:40:10 PM EDT
I am looking to build an AR with the following.
A3 Upper
Weaver gas block
16 inch lightweight barrel
Green A2 stock, pistol grip, and CAR handguard
Don't really care if it's got a muzzle brake or not.
The only company I've found so far that has this kit is Model 1 Sales, but I keep hearing negative things about them.
Does anybody else have something similar to this?
Also, has anyone tried Model 1 Sales flip up front sight?
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 10:27:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Repeat after me:

J&T
J&T
J&T
J&T
J&T

Oh yeah, in case you didn't get the very subtle hint, J&T. [url]http://www.jtdistributing.com/[/url]

They will bend over backwards to help you.

You will not regret talking with them!
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got a few different makes, and haven't gotten any through JT, but I have to agree that you never hear anything bad about them.

I think you could also try ADCO and see what they have to say, they are mainly a RRA dealer and have great prices and service.  I think they would be able to set you up as well.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 11:33:38 AM EDT
[#3]
M&A is out of lightweight barrels now...for as long as 100 days, according to the guy I talked to last week.  Model 1 WAS out of lightweight barrels, I changed my order...I don't know if they ever got 'em in, or ran out again.  

Haven't tried J&T on that score...let me know what you hear; I'm considering a lightweight build myself.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 2:35:45 PM EDT
[#4]
As for J&Ts, I'm looking for the green plastic, which I haven't seen on their site.  Now this isn't a huge deal, but I'd also like a weaver gas block, and they said they couldn't put that on their lightweight kit because of the permanntly attached brake.
So, how much does having a standard front sight impair your vision with a CompM or a Reflex?
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:05:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
As for J&Ts, I'm looking for the green plastic, which I haven't seen on their site.  Now this isn't a huge deal, but I'd also like a weaver gas block, and they said they couldn't put that on their lightweight kit because of the permanntly attached brake.
So, how much does having a standard front sight impair your vision with a CompM or a Reflex?
Thanks
View Quote

Here's my M4gery kit from J&T:
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=8518[/img]

If you need something specific, call.  They got everything EXACTLY right with my order!!!
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 8:54:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Lokjell, the front sight won't be a problem..basically, the dot from the aimoint will be more or less right on top of the front sight post IF you have the spacer installed in the 22M268 mount (if no swan sleeve), or if you have it on a swan sleeve with the standard mount.  

Don't they offer a lightweight kit WITHOUT the muzzle brake?  And did they say they have the lightweight barrels in stock?  
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 2:31:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thanks
View Quote

Here's my M4gery kit from J&T:
[url]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=8518[/url]

If you need something specific, call.  They got everything EXACTLY right with my order!!!
View Quote

DAMN! Your Bushy's finish turned the inside of your case PURPLE!
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:32:10 AM EDT
[#8]
I asked J&T:
"I was wondering if it was possible to get the Tactical Lightweight Kit with a weaver rail front sight base."
They responded:
"We don't offer that configuration due to the permanently attached brake."

As for the front sight, I was more worried about it taking up the field of view.  Does anyone have   a picture taken through their Aimpoint, so that I can see what the front sight looks like through it?
Thanks
Jeff
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:38:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I can post one when I get home, if no one does if before then; but hundreds of people here have aimpoints on their ARs, and the front sight post hasn't been an issue.  You'll have both eyes open, and it's not gonna obstruct your field of view...you'll be watching the target with the red dot on it...the front sight won't be in focus.  
Link Posted: 7/28/2003 6:49:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I just talked to model 1...they have 16" lightweight barrels in stock, and you CAN get the gas block front sight base...it's the same one that's on their bull barrels.  

My Model 1 kit was fine, the only issue I had was the quality of the charging handle.  The rifle itself shoots fine, and I've had 0 problems with it...no FTFs, FTEs, nada.  

The upper receiver has the same weird little mark on it that my RRA has, fwiw.  Fit and finish are fine, and the upper mates perfectly with my Eagle lower...pins are a little tight, but that's good...no "play" between the upper and lower.  

Looks like Model 1 can hook you up...I will probably be ordering a lightweight kit from them myself here before too long...probably to go on a Cav Arms lower.  

Here's my current Model 1 rifle:
[img]http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-7/188491/modular1.jpg[/img]

BTW, the only negatives I've seen posted about Model 1 was me, about the charging handle, and someone else who ordered the lightweight barrels when they were out of stock.  That happened to me, but I just changed the order to a regular barrel, and I had the kit in 3 days.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top