Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2003 11:19:56 AM EDT
Anyone know of a place that has any of the 50 Beowulf uppers in stock In the D/FW metroplex? Or a decent place to order one from, I can't use my local FFL.......Rape Artist comes to mind. After much email traffic with Mark Worthington, I am sold on the round. My initial concerns with the availability of the Brass were put at ease. Alexander Arms gets their brass from starline, but doesn't allow starline to sell direct to the public. Mark assured me that if anything were to happenm to his company, he would Release his rights and let starline sell outright to the public.

Reckon the mesquite FunShow will have any? I have all but quit going to gunshows, as the trinkets and Jerkey PISS me off.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Not DFW but he has 1.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=173335&w=searchPop
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:52:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I am almost positive that you do not need a dealer to order a upper only via mail/UPS. Find someone online that has one, and have it shipped to your door.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#3]

[url]www.cabelas.com[/url]  sells these
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 7:10:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I know someone (private citizen) in DFW who might be willing to sell a .50 Beowulf upper to you.  What were you looking to spend? I believe his is a 16" with A2 sights.
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 12:05:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know someone (private citizen) in DFW who might be willing to sell a .50 Beowulf upper to you.  What were you looking to spend? I believe his is a 16" with A2 sights.
View Quote

I am looking for the flat top version, and I want to purchase a pile of brass and dies at the same time. Everywhere I look they are on BACK ORDER, Cabela's has the uppers, but they also claim that they cannot get the brass, dies. Cheaper than dirt has the bullets, but they will not order the brass, dies or upper.
Alexander Arms will NOT ship their product directly to me without going through an FFL. Although it would be perfectly legal.
This entire ordeal is beginning to piss me off a bit. I went to the Mesquite Rodeo Arena Gunshow yesterday and asked a few dealers about these uppers, They all told me they wouldn't fuck with ordering one for me.
I am getting ready to contact alexander arms and either they are going to deal directly with me, or I am going to go and buy a 458 SOCOM.
\Chaos
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 3:29:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Try Impactguns.com
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 3:49:14 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to call them in the morning.....finding reloading components for this caliber is turning out to be a bitch. Looks like midway is the only one who has decent priced projectiles in STOCK. Finding a case trimmer pilot, Hell that's another story.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 11:49:41 AM EDT
[#8]
[url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=22&t=178511&w=myTopicPop]I have everything you need if you are willing to go with 458 SOCOM![/url]
I am in DFW if you want to take a look. Projectiles in .458 are MUCH easier to come by than .500.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 12:45:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the Beowulf and am having the same problem...Finding brass I have reloaded the stuff I have 3 times and I don't want to chance it again.
I think this is stupid that Alexander Arms is the only one you can buy brass from. I am about to sell the upper I have with the dies for $900.00. It's a 16" flattop non free floated. I am thinking of going to the 458 also, but I want to make sure I could buy Brass for that also.
It costs me almost $33.00 for 20 rounds if I want to buy ammo thats for 325 Grain JHP. I could reload for way less if I could find the brass.

Edited...$900.00 wrong $600.00, but I just saw impact does sell the brass also. I guess will hold off and call them first.
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I think Richard the Gunsmith has one.(Big Bear Arms)He's in Carrolton 972-416-8051
Link Posted: 8/12/2003 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#11]
epdmedic, you can get LW 499 325 gr hollow points @ $16.00 for 20 factory loaded!  Better than $33.00!  
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 5:04:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Rays on Singleton did have one in stock.  You might give them a call.
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 5:52:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Just a word of caution about Starline...Even if they are allowed to sell the brass to the public, keep in mind this does not mean they will stock it.

Just advice from a .458 fan!
Link Posted: 8/14/2003 9:08:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Just a word of caution about Starline...Even if they are allowed to sell the brass to the public, keep in mind this does not mean they will stock it.

Just advice from a .458 fan!
View Quote

You are right, but there is No guarentee that any new "WILDCAT" type of cartrige is going to make it. WE could all be up the creek without a paddle in the future. I plan on stocking up on brass NOW, in case there is ever a supply problem.
Link Posted: 8/15/2003 6:15:10 PM EDT
[#15]
We've had luck with the 458 round with Starline...It took patience but we ran 30,000 pieces of brass the first time and they are running at least 20,000 this time.  This might cause Starline to actually stock the brass.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top