AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2003 6:34:04 AM EDT
Going to get flamed for this.

How are these rifles, Good/Bad?

Thanks...

Link Posted: 7/25/2003 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Do a search for "DR200".  The K2 is the pre-ban version of the DR200.  Yes, they're very good.  The only problem is that about the only to get spare parts for a K2 is to find a cheap DR200 to canabalize.
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 10:03:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Follow up, im getting two firing pins machined this week... mine bent after a run in with a faulty fire controll group (full auto sure was cool though). The disconector was disconecting... bad disconector. The old fire controll group has since been destroyed and a new one is in the mail from bushmaster. The fire controll group is exactly the same as an AR15s.  

The rifle is pretty cool, but the spare parts are lacking. It uses an AR-15 trigger group, cam, cotter pin, extractor, extractor spring, front pivot detent, front push pin, and a couple of other parts.

The rifle is very robust, and is ingeniously put together, the piston sits in a little cup on the bolt, and is not permanantly attached to it. Its pretty heavy too... I cant wait till mine is running again.

Even though I had a bad first experience with it, I found the problem and have since fixed it. The fire controll group released the hammer before the gun cycled and would catch the firing pin and bent it. Im just waiting for my new firing pins before I get it going again.
Cost: 60 bucks for two firing pins at local gunsmiths shop.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 5:54:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Loved the one I had, and hated to part w/it some years back (money problems at the time).  It I could get one back at a reasonable price, I'd snap it up.
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey,
I owned a K2(later marked the AR100) pre-ban for 15 yrs. What a GREAT gun.... and accurate. Had to sell it due to finacial problems a few years back and I really miss it. I own a DPMS AR15 CAR now but wish I still had that Daewoo. I put thousands of rounds through it and all my shooting buddies looked forward to shooting it.
I payed $375 for it in the mid 80's and sold it for $800 and saw it shortly after in a gun show for $1600.
OH, the regrets of life!!![:(]
Link Posted: 7/26/2003 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#5]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=5016[/img] [center]Love mine...[/center]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top