Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/24/2003 7:31:43 AM EDT
Im doing a paracord wrap on my A2 handguard, and I am having problems with a good knot to end it with so that it dosnt twist loose. Anybody have a suggestion, or has anyone else done this to their A2?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:42:25 AM EDT
[#1]
finish it like a noose, double-up a piece of line under the wrapping with a loop hanging out the end. when you get it wrapped to the end put the loose tail(bitter end) through the loop, pull the other end of the loop and the tail will disapear under the wrapping.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#2]
For links to "HOW TO" articles, check my second post here, [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=4&t=164766&w=searchPop[/url]

Mike
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:43:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Why are you using a knot?
[img]http://users.xpressamerica.net/~bishop/images/hndgrd.jpg[/img]
Friction on itself holds it all together, and its rock solid!!!

BISHOP
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#4]
What is the use of the para-cord?
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 6:01:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is the use of the para-cord?
View Quote

Some say "for a better grip"
        "insulation"
        "it looks cool"<<>>

I realy like the double weave that I have seen here but not enough to do it myself.[sniper]  
Link Posted: 7/25/2003 8:48:38 AM EDT
[#6]
I, like most of the owners of the 7.5" ARs have to do something because that aluminum handguard gets very HOT.

I wrap the handguard and its tollerable to hold for a longer time.

I'm not sure, exactly, how that double braid thing is done.  I just wanted some insulation not french braiding.

Guys don't worry too much about cook-offs in the small ARs because I have shot mine many times where I had to just let the gun rest because the entier gun was too hot to hold.  That includes the plastic pistol grip.
I would break it down,remove the bolt carrier and let it breath.

BISHOP
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top