Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/23/2003 4:16:10 PM EDT
Hey guys, my dad was telling me about something he seen in an old (2001) hunting magazine.  He said that it was an over/under 12 gauge (top) and .223 (bottom) and had an AR15 lower.  He didn't remember who supposed to make it.  I put it in yahoo search and couldn't find it.  I knew that if anyone would know anything about it then it would be you guys.  Does anyone know anything about it and does anyone have a link????  Thanks guys.

Shawn
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
That would be the goofy Crossfire MK.  Was pricey, and ugly too.  It didn't use an AR lower, but did take AR mags.  Single shot pump for .223

Click here for a pic
[url]http://securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/0100/175.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:33:26 PM EDT
[#2]
He is thinking of the Crossfire. It is a pump action rifle that shoots either 12GA. or 223 REM. It is very heavy and bulky. I think it takes AR mags. It does not have an AR lower, but it does resemble an AR somewhat.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 4:57:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
He is thinking of the Crossfire. It is a pump action rifle that shoots either 12GA. or 223 REM. It is very heavy and bulky. I think it takes AR mags. It does not have an AR lower, but it does resemble an AR somewhat.
View Quote

That's what he was talking about.  Do you have a pic or a link to a pic.  I tried to go to the link that kisara posted but I just got a red x for the pic.  Thanks.

Shawn
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:23:22 PM EDT
[#4]
I actually had my hands on one at a local gun shop about 2 weeks ago.  All I can say is woah!
Don't know if it is still there.  Big black and nasty.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That's what he was talking about.  Do you have a pic or a link to a pic.  I tried to go to the link that kisara posted but I just got a red x for the pic.  Thanks.

Shawn
View Quote

The link works for me.  Maybe you have a firewall that's running ??
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:52:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I was playing with one in a store not long ago also. It looked like a POS to me, but what do I know ?
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember back in 1988 when I got to play with the prototype Crossfire. It was semi-auto, both calibers. Awesome! The gun looked totally different. It looked like something from ALIENS.

I wish they built that version instead....

ls
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Shawn
View Quote

The link works for me.  Maybe you have a firewall that's running ??
View Quote

I have no idea.  Is there a way I can find out and maybe turn it off so I can check it????  I'm not computer literate at all.

Shawn
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top