Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2003 4:21:35 PM EDT
Hello everybody,

I have just recently learned about how the AWB is up for sunsetting on Sept. 14 2004.  When this ban went into place 10 years ago I was only 11 years old and I did not know anything about it at all.  Over the years my dad taught me how to hunt and handle guns and my love for guns has grown from there.  Anyway about 5 years ago I learned about the ban and I thought is was totally ridiculous.  I still did not know all of the details about the ban but I have always thought it was a done deal and the ban would always be in place.  In the last week I have learned that this is not the case and that there is something I can do about it.  I just wish I would have know this early because I know time is running.

I have been writing and sending letters to local officials to show my support for letting the ban sunset and not letting another ban be passed.  I have also been talking to everybody I know and telling them about this and trying to get them to take action as well.

I know that a lot of you out there are taking action and I truly idol you for doing so.  But I have also talked to people and have read peoples’ posts saying that the ban will definitely sunset and they are just waiting for it to do so.  Come on people this is not good enough don’t just sit and wait take action!!

Anybody out there that can give me more advice about what else I can do to help please do so.  E.g. what is the most effective media (email, letter, phone call, etc.), who exactly to contact (I am in Ames, IA), should I send multiple letters, what should I say, new bills I should support, etc.

I think there are probably a lot of people out there like I was.  They are against the AWB but they do not realize it is about to sunset and that there is something they can do about it.  We need to spread the word.

I found this website helpful:  

www.awbansunset.com

And go sign the petition at:

www.petitiononline.com/AWB/petition.html

There are only 4000 signatures on there right now.  I now we can do better than that.  Time is running out and so our all freedoms!!!

Special thanks to everybody out that has already taken action and is continuing to take action.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The ban sunsets in 2004, not this year.

Hotlinks for ya:
[url]www.awbansunset.com[/url]
[url]http://www.petitiononline.com/AWB/petition.html [/url]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Try writing your congressman.

To look him up go to:
[url]www.house.gov[/url]
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 5:12:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks leelaw for catching that.  I typed the wrong year.  All fixed.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top