Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2003 3:17:53 PM EDT
I am in the planning stages of building up an AR15 Carbine.  While this rifle will most likely be used at close to medium ranges and not exactly be used for target or sniper duties, I still want it to be as accuracy capable as possible yet still tough enough for tactical/practical use.  I want the best trigger possible on this gun but it has to be durable on the long term.  This gun will be built on a Bushmaster lower receiver.  Is the stock Bushmaster trigger good enough?  I am very interested in the various two-stage triggers on the market.  I have a two-stage in my M1A that is sweet.  Are there any good two-stage triggers for ARs that will tough it out?  I have heard that some are a bit fragile and won't last very long with use.  Basically, if you are happy with a stock Bushmaster trigger, tell me so and why.  If you have gone with some sort of aftermarket trigger that you have been pleased with, which one is it and why do you like it?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 4:06:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Rock River Arms builds a sweet two stage for just over $100. Some say the springs go away and you end up with a very nice single stage. Kind of up to you.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:56:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks OldTiger...anybody else?
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#3]
I have three RRA NM triggers and one Armalite NM trigger. I'd rate them about equally good. I'm very satisfied with them.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 9:47:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I've heard that accuracy speaks makes an excellent single stage [url]http://accuracyspeaks.com/[/url] and there is also a lower spring power kit [url]http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=16652[/url]from Brownells.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top