Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2003 10:44:52 PM EDT
For some dumb reason I just can't shake the idea I want one of these.  I see them NIB for less than $700.

It seems the boards all seem to say that if you get a good one, all is great.  You get a bad one, one or two trips to the company and all is good.  

Is Professional Ordnance still around to service these guns?

choirboy out.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 10:59:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Professonal Ordinance has been bought by Bushmaster. There'll most likely be plenty of support for the Carbon 15 line for a while now!

[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/[/url]  
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#2]
I've heard that they've bought the company, or at least all their designs and patents, and that after a little tweaking to improve reliability, they are going to start selling them under the Bushmaster name.  But I haven't heard when that'll be.  I hope it's soon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 10:40:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Bushmaster's home page (SEE ABOVE LINK) says late summer.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 1:31:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought one almost 2 years ago, and after sending it to Pro Ordnance TWICE for repairs got rid of it - cheap.  It never was reliable.  I would call it the worst gun deal I ever made.  
I hope Bushmaster puts some real work into the rifle.  It's a great concept, and a cool-looking little rifle, but I just don't think it's really ready for production yet.
I bought a Bushy M4-gery after that rifle, and love it.  A real contrast.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 3:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I have at Carbon 15, type 97S, and I love it.  It is dependable, light, and innovative.  I don't know why Bushmaster didn't include a picture of the 97S on the Bushmaster web page, because this is the best Carbon 15, and the problems of earlier Carbon 15 seem to have been remedied.  The 97S has integral sights at the front and back of the full length picatinny rail, which is a modification that is popular on ARs.

Now that Bushmaster is behind the idea, I expect carbon fiber rifles will become more prevalant.
Link Posted: 7/22/2003 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a type 97.  I did have to do some tweaking to the chamber, but it runs like a frenchman from a german.  Ejects like an AK.  I will say that I wish the bbl had a 1X7 or 1x6 twist thouggh so it would be more accurate, and so I could use heavier bullets.  I suggest that in lieu of a stock, you try a collabsable stock sling adapter, and a single point sling w/ a HK sling swivel.  That way you can press againt the sling to stabalize the gun.  I wonder also about a pigtail gas tube???  I dunno though, there is probably not enough barrel beyond the gas port to use one of those.  And I must say I love the concussion of the round.  It hits you face and feels so nice [:D]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top