eagle arms forged lower
m4 fixed telescopic stock
harris Model L bipod
compact ACOG

this will be my starting setup-
ill add a rail system later

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:06:27 PM EDT
[#1]
On a 20" gun, Id go with a fixed A1 stock.  Smoother cycling, better cheek weld, more durable.

If it doesnt collapse, I dont see much use in a CAR stock.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:10:48 PM EDT
[#2]
DITTO
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:17:48 PM EDT
[#3]
i dunno i really like the m4 stocks better than the standard stock. Are there any major downsides between a m4 stock and a standard?
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#4]
The M4 stock is lighter than the standard stock by a sizable margine.  With a full 20" barrel, your rifle is going to be VERY front heavy and very lacking in balance.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 3:37:06 PM EDT
[#5]
i dont remember who or where but a while ago someone posted a picture of a few airborne guys who had m4 stocks and a2 20" uppers. So it cant be that bad. Other than the weight factor are there any cons to the m4 stock when compared to an a2 stock?
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#6]
THey just told you, front heavy, harder to get a good cheek weld, cycyling problems and it looks bad.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 5:53:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe check out some of those ACE stocks.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 5:53:48 PM EDT
[#8]
IF the airborne were using t e collapsible on a 20" rifle, the sole advantage I can think of, would be to adjust the length of the stock to compensate for ballistic armor, gear, etc.  Yours doesn't collapse, or adjust in length.  Why then go with a collapsible that doesn't collapse? As was asked.  If for looks then, hey, that's your choice, enjoy it.  If your looking to squeeze every ounce of functionality out of a fighting arm, then like Lumpy said go w/ the A1 stock, good length.  If you very tall, have an extraordinarily long length of pull, shoot only in a T-shirt, then go w/ the A2.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:08:49 PM EDT
[#9]
My 20" BM just doesn't feel right with the tele lower, just too barrel heavy. The balance is way off and it just doesn't look right.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:57:57 PM EDT
[#10]
If you're going with any A1 length stock, go with the Vltor. The best length with the best cheekweld.

ls
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#11]
can someone plz explain what cheek weld is?
thanks
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 11:16:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Cheekweld is a term used to describe the relationship between your face and the weapon. Unless yoyu're using a laser, it's got to be right and it's got to be the same every time in order for consistant accuracy particularly when firing off-hand. It seems pretty clear what you think of a fixed tele on the setup you described, but why A2 and not a flat top with the ACOG? Whatever floats yer boat man!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top