Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/21/2003 7:11:00 AM EDT
I wanted to get some opinions, as Yes I know if is ultimately up to me.
I am waiting to receive my new Starlight case from Bowers Tactical (hopefully today) and I wanted to see what you guys thought of How I should customize it.  Should I
1.) customize the foam for the entire assembled rifle?
or
2.) cut the foam for the disassembled rifle, i.e. lower and upper plus my acces?  
Which choice do you think looks nicer.  I know for practicality the complete rifle would be better.  Thanks for your input.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:25:27 AM EDT
[#1]
As long as the complete assembled rifle will fit in there leave it all together.  That way you are faster to deploy.  That is my take.  I have two of the Starlight cases, best protection you can get!

I have one of the longer model 061352 (6" x 13" x 52") cut out for my bolt-action tactical rifle, it is reassuring to know that the scope will not get jarred no matter what.

My other Starlight case is the shorter "shotgun/tactical" size (model 061338) and my fully assembled 16" bull barrel AR15 with big scope that is used for varmint/target duty fits great in it.

Take your time cutting out the foam and it will look great and work superbly.  To me it just makes good sense to put a valuable rifle in a top quality case, SPECIALLY if it has relatively fragile and/or expensive optics mounted.

enjoy!

Link Posted: 7/21/2003 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, That is the reason I bought one.  I was tired of taking my optics off to get it in my sniper case (used to be an A2 until last night, hee hee) plus I bought a NV scope from the EE so I wanted to have everythign together and protected.  My hats off to Bowers Tactical though.  
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 12:16:08 PM EDT
[#3]
FWIW I was thinking of making one of the toolbox cases but decided against it as I didn't want to have to take the rifle apart every time I wanted to case it. I know it's no big chore or anything but it seemed more logical to keep it together.

L.D.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds good.  I think it is unanimous.  Keep it together.  or K.I.S.S.  Thanks for the input.  The bastartd didnt come today anyway, so it looks like another day of waiting in the lobby for the UPS man.  Or sitting by my PC tracking it online.  Ughhhh
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top