Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/20/2003 1:20:46 PM EDT
I did a search on the issue and there does seem to be a consistent pattern here:  after about 50 shots, the second stage fades away and you are left with a long smooth single stage trigger.  That is not what I paid $100+ for, or want.

Is there any thing I can do to fix/repair this thing?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I found the same thing on all of them I've had and have sold.  Alot of people actually like how the 2nd stage goes away leaving a really light single stage trigger pull.

The only luck I've had is taking the lower apart and stretching the springs back to give more tension to the trigger.  It's only a temporary fix as after 25-50 more rounds the 2nd stage goes away again.

ArmaLite makes a really good 2-stage trigger which is fully machined from tool steel and I've never had a problem with any of them I've sold or the one I have in my SPR.  Unfortunately, they cost between $150 to $175...or a $115 uplift when purchasing one of their rifles.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:35:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I actually like it that way. But Im wierd.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 1:36:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I was afraid it was a steel quality thing.  
I'm distressed that the local gunsmith who sold it to me didn't warn me off of it, but I guess if someone asks for a thing, it's not his business to question it, or is it?  I'm not much encouraged to deal with him again soon.
Again, thanks for your candor.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top