Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2003 6:14:00 PM EDT
Hi,

Considering a transfer to HI.  Can anyone give me the low-down on "assault" rifles in the state (i.e. ARs, normal cap mags, FAL builds, etc.)?  I don't wan't to be living in another California!

Thanks,

Scott
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#1]
My guess is that you will find that HI is worse!
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#2]
hawaii is a lot better than california. you can own
any rifle or pistol you want there. you can not own
any magazine over 10 rounds that can fit in a pistol or assult pistol. so hi cap ar mags are out.
but 30 round ak mags are okay. dont ask i didnt make the laws. if you move there and allready own your rifle/pistol you have to register it. if you want to buy a rifle you must get a long arm permit. pretty easy just go to the police station fill out the forms get your pic/finger print taken.and one week and $24 later your done.pistol permit is the same but you have to take a handgun class = a little more$$ not much.if you have any more ??? just ask
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info.  Just wanted to know what I had to stash away B4 leaving for HI.  Sounds pretty good.  I was impressed at the first gun show I attended on Oahu.  I was good to see all the local firearm enthusiasts.  At the time, all I had was a ruger handgun and SKS.  Now, I've got much more! :)

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top