Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/18/2003 7:22:22 AM EDT
Have any of you had your brake blow off?  I have had two of these carbines that have done so.  I haven't heard of anyone else's doing so.  Maybe I am shooting more rounds (1000 + through carbine) than the others.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard of this several times.  Especially if your brake is using the Hollow Roll pin.  I've even heard of it happening after a PD replaced the hollow roll pins with solid pins.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes,  the break blew off my 6400c with only about 700 rds through the rifle. I sent the upper to colt and replaced the break, it only cost me shipping.  The turn around time was
about 2 wks
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 1:20:51 PM EDT
[#3]
I think this is a good feature.
GG
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#4]
erov, did Colt replace the brake with the same (defective) roll pins or did they use the solid pins?
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#5]
They used solid pins and put on a new break. I lost the break while plinking at a quary so the break blew off the barrel and fell into about 70 ft of water.  Colt's customer service was very helpful.  Once they received my upper they e-mailed me with a job order number and an expected delivery date.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Ive heard of this, but never had it happen to mine. Im planning on replacing the brake here sooner or later, so Id be happy for it to blow off.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top