Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/17/2003 9:02:30 PM EDT
Hi Guys,

What is you personal opinion or experience regarding Lower receivers made by other firms but under licensed by COLT. Some are by ELISCO(made in the phils. for the phil. Army 1978-1985), One is I think Standard Chartered something...(forgot the whole name!!),made in Singapore for their armed forces. and there is also HYDRA-MATIC by General motors. Some said that it is just as good and you get the receiver that can accept full auto parts(if legal).
I hope you can give info if the said parts are good foundation for building a rifle. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Any of those mentioned above would not be legal as a semiauto-only weapon and would have to be a registered machine gun to begin with.

Get yourself a DPMS or Rock River Arms lower if you want to start a semi-auto project.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 9:48:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Im sure the laws reguarding machineguns are different in the phillipines...that's where you are from, right?

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 10:00:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes. I am from Manila, Philippines. No problem here with full auto versions, you can own one and have it licensed under your name. I wanted to buy a COLT M-16, but it is kinda scarce. I used to have one but in very bad shape and sold it a few years ago. And there are some re-stamped with COLT but are actually ELISCO(under licensed by COLT for the Philippine Army) to make it more expensive and does not appear to be stolen from the Army's Arsenal. That made me cautious into buying. Bushmaster M4 here only for the police. DPMS and Rock River lowers not available here only the barrels and uppers.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 11:29:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Do you have access to the HYDRA-MATIC lowers?
Are your gun laws really that openly legal for civilians?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 12:05:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Sorry, Guess I didnt see the location.
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 12:46:10 AM EDT
[#6]
HYDRA MATICS are rare and most are Vietnam Vintage. The COLTS too are mostly from Vietnam.
That is why some prefer the ELISCO version, manufactured under licensed from COLT. Because it is newer. Way back 1978 The Philippine Government issued M-16s to the Army, to be manufactured here, under licensed. So all machineries, forgings and tools are imported only the labor, electricity and water are local.
But of course you dont have the COLT logo!! only the stamping "UNDER LICENSED BY COLT".
They stopped manufacturing in sometime 1985.
On long firearms, the one that you can legally purchase at a gun store is a .22 long rifle or shotgun(pump or semi-auto). 5.56 caliber rifle as well as 9mm sub-gun can only be licensed if there is an "amnesty" for unregistered FA. You can register it no questions asked. Most M-16s that went to civilian hands are from insurgents that captured this from combat and sometimes sell this(if they dont need it)to gun collectors and enthusiasts.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top