Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2003 5:13:57 AM EDT
AS if I had to worry about it.  Hey I would Like to thank every one on this board for there in put on helping me make the right choice.  With that said my new RRA Var. That I waited 12 weeks for was able to costently shot 1/2 5shot groups at 100yrds with fed. gold match 69gr.  But I was disapointed with Black Hills 75gr only able to get 1.25 groups @ 100yrds.  Also would like to get my trigger lighter any thing I can do? And if any one else out there has RRA Var. what ammo are you using to get the best results?
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:59:40 AM EDT
[#1]
I've just got the 24" barrel.

I'm not having luck with Q3131a or Black Hills 55 grain. Ok 2 MOA stuff.

I just got a 3/4" group (5 shots) with 26.5 grains Varget, 52 grain Sierra Match Kings, Rem 71/2 primer, winchester brass. 2.200" OAL

From 25 to 27 grains, everything (above) was grouping about as good as I could hold from a crappy plastic block rest with handtowels.

I've got to get a better rest! And I've got to try some more stuff, like OAL.. then move up to longer bullets and see what's up. Then move to a longer range!

Thanks for checking in with a good factory load... I'll check it out!

Pete
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I hardly ever use factory ammo with mine.  Right now, I am having good luck with hornadys 75bthp's over 23.8 grains of RL-15 or 24 grains of Varget.  Those give me conistent 3/4" groups shooting prone and can get down to sub .5 moa at the bench.  I get the same results with 77 SMK's too.  I need some sand-bags just like pete though, I'm just using a bipod and a rag to support the rear end of my rifle.

I wouldn't now how to get the trigger lighter, but I'm sure someone else will come up with an answer to that here.

Congratulations on a wonderful rifle!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top