Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/16/2003 9:55:54 PM EDT
I think I know the solution but I gotta ask the experts on this board. FTE several times today and in the past few weeks I can count on 2 or 3 per trip. Replaced extractor spring W/ M-4 spring from gunsprings.com, but did not replace the insert.. (where can I get one?).On my FTEs the rim on the empty is gouged pretty good but not torn off. The empty comes out easily with a tap from my cleaning rod.. No effort to get it out.. I say worn extractor?? Am I correct? Just need  an expert opinion... John (getting tired of short rounds!!)
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 9:58:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Dirty chamber from shooting wolf ammo.

Shooting maylasian ammo.

Weak extractor spring.

Chipped extractor.

The reason the cases come out easily is the pressure is dropped and the case cools and is no longer stuck.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:17:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks David.. I dont shoot Wolf or Malaysian stuff.. Extractor spring is new so it must be a chipped extractor.. Thanks for the reply. Hey, where can I get one of the black HD extractor spring inserts?  John
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top