Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/16/2003 4:52:23 PM EDT
Will the Bushmaster M17 accept all AR-15 mags?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, although I haven't heard anyone trying a drum mag yet.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 7:44:56 PM EDT
[#2]
i heard M17's had some problems with USGI mags, dunno if its true or not......??
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 3:30:35 AM EDT
[#3]
On my M17S, the mag catch doesn't seem to be in the exact same place as the M16.  Therefore, mags with the mag catch hole at the extreme edge of tolerance with respect to placement may not lock in.  To date, I have encountered one USGI mag that would exhibit this.

For more problematic have been the English mags which have their mag catch holes all over the place.  A little squaring up with a file cured this.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 5:58:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I have used my USGI mags with no problems.  (30rd)
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I've used USGI, Orlite, and the "new" British mags. The only problem I've had is the "tight" fit of the mag well.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 7:30:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I have not had any problems with any USGI mag with my m17 so far.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top