Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/16/2003 3:03:01 PM EDT
lookin for the 1700 or 1750 cases..most websites are all the same. wondering if there isnt some place with super good deal. thanks for playing
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:09:03 PM EDT
[#1]
The cheapest I can find online for 1750 is around $160, typically have to add another $20+ for shipping which you end up paying little over $180. Hope this information helps, I think you find that to be pretty much true.

I work at shooting range which also carry Pelican products, for 1750 cases (I have two), retail is $209.99 (yikes!)
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 3:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I bought mine from [url]www.cases4less.com[/url]

Best price I've seen.  $157 for the 1750 and $136 for the 1700 with the foam.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:48:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Try Ebay . You might catch a deal there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 5:28:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Try www.eppescorner.safeshopper.com. Price on the web page for the 1700 with foam is 135.95 and for the 1750 with foam is 151.80. Don't know what he will charge in shipping but Gary is top notch to deal with. I work on a FD and order all our Pelican lights and cases through him.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 10:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
[url]http://www.snipercountry.com/forsale/Display_Message.asp?Message=0000007754.txt[/url]

Call Brack for the best service & case you will ever buy!
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:57:11 PM EDT
[#6]
This place offers the best prices.

[url]http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=rmt_sales&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50[/url]

Call the guy and check out the model that you want.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:43:06 AM EDT
[#7]
I highly recommend [url]www.cases4less.com[/url]

Last week I bought a black 1750 from them.  Ordered it Monday, had it in my hands Friday afternoon.  Pretty dang good in my book.  Do yourself a favor and order two of the PeliLocks at the same time.  They are made to fit you Pelican case.

I paid $157 for the 1750, plus $20 for shipping.

If you are wanting to carry an AR in it, you will need the #1750.  The #1700 is good if oyu have a collapsible stock, though.  The inside length is 35" on the #1700, too short for the average fixed-stock AR
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:59:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Maybe you guys can hel me out on this one.  I had my Bushmaster sitting on the floor in two pieces the other night.  It's basically configureed as a 16" VMatch with an EOTtec, on top of an ACE stocked lower.

When I saw the two pieces lahing n the floor on "stacked" with the upper above the lower, it occurred to me (as an epiffany) THAT was the was to carry the damned thing.  What aa tiny little package tht makes.

I'm wondering if Pelican would configure the smallest case they make that would fit the two pieces, unassembled, in that fashion.  

It would basically look like Governor Schwartznager's Haliburton?  Anybody else ever thought of that?  Let me know what you think, . . ."I'll be back."  

(I couldn't help it.)  
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 5:36:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you mean something like this?

[url=http://www.knightarmco.com/presriflesys.htm ][img]http://www.knightarmco.com/images/62003/comborifleset.jpg[/img][/url]

no not mine (don't I wish!) it's a [url=http://www.knightarmco.com/presriflesys.htm ]Knights Mk11 Mod 0[/url].  I had the same idea after looking at it.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 5:56:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Just something else to look at, I bought a Starlight case from Bowers Tactical and it is so freaking incredible!!.  Without saying anything negative about any other product, go to Starlight cases sight and look at the testing and what they tested it against.  Mike Bowers has much better prices ont hem than the Manufacturer does.  He gets a great discount and passes it along to us.
[url]www.starlightcases.com[/url]
then go to Bowers Tactical and order it from Mike.  They are the cases like Pelican that you customize, are cheaper and stronger.  Check them out!!
[url]www.bowerstactical.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 10:01:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the input guys and those that IMd as well..looks like case4less is the winner, nobody could beat their prices.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#12]
I use a black toolbox I purchased from Home Depot for around $20.  You can buy the gray foam from a upholstery supply company (about $15).  I prefer the 1" foam because it is easier to make the cutout layers.  You can cut the foam with an electric knife.  It is the best gun case I have.  When I am carrying it around I do not attract attention.

Link Posted: 7/17/2003 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Just last week I hopped on a deal for the Starlight cases that were being offered on the DutyRoster.

I got 2 of the 52 inch double rifle cases.   I'll post some detailed pictures once I get my hands on the things, hopefully they will arrive tomorrow.

120 bucks per case!   HARD to refuse such a deal, almost 100 bucks off per case.   Hell, that price is just a little more than what those relatively cheap Doscocil cases that are no where near as rugged.

Sadly, the Starlight cases deal is probably over as the guy sells out insanely fast whenever he makes that offer.   Usually he's doing "seconds" that have been scuffed up and aren't quite so pretty for retail sale, this time he had a production over run and the things were just about as perfect as they are gonna get.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top