Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/16/2003 11:08:10 AM EDT
I have finally taken the plunge into high power service rifle competition (a long time dream of mine).  Just starting out, I plan on shooting my stock Bushmaster.  I do plan on purchasing an AR with a stainless barrel, floating handguard, match trigger and sights, etc.  I notice that Bushmaster and Rock River each market one and that there is a Bushmaster one available through the CMP.  I don't have good access to gunsmiths I have any confidence in so does anyone have recommendations on best available assembled ARs of this type?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:41:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I would recommend that you use your current lower and put a Match trigger in it and buy a DCM complete upper. The CMP has some pretty good deals on BM DCM's and Frank White / Compass Lake Uppers etc. Of the 2 the Compass Lake upper is the best. Personally I would not buy a BM DCM rifle unless I could inspect it first for proper assembly, I have seen 4 or 5 that had messed up free float tubes. The RRA DCM's have been well recv'd by HP shooters and are extremely popular ... enough said !
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 11:46:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Actually, you do have access to one of the best competition gunsmiths in the country.  [url]www.whiteoakprecision.com[/url] is John Holliger's website.  Guys from all over the country have his match uppers.  Give him a shout and see what he'll do for you.  I believe his prices are competitive with Compass Lake and RRA.

The Bushmaster rifles available through the CMP, I think, have to be purchased through a club, so you might not be able to go that route.  

You might want to post this over in the Competition forum on the General Board.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 1:42:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I've seen several of the Compass Lake rifles...several of the local high power folks have them.  They're very nice, and the guys who own 'em swear by 'em.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top