Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/15/2003 12:22:06 PM EDT
I registered my rifle to keep it legal.  I mean, if I can't take it to the range without being harassed/arrested by law enforcement, I don't even want to own it.

So yesterday I was told that they later considered that all registerd rifles under Sb23 are still illegal because the doj didn't have the right to allow us to register late.  Whats the scoop?  Has this been discussed already?  A search turned up nothing.  I have my registration confirmation in by buttstock.

Thanks,
--Dan
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 12:34:55 PM EDT
[#1]
If you registered you rifle which wasn't previously on the 1989 assault weapon abn in California, then you are okay.  This thing about registering late is for the people who tried to register rifles listed under the 89 assult weapon ban in california.  I also heard something about late reg for LEO not being legal and there was a SKS call back since they figure the gun is illegal and it should not be own by the good citizens of Kalifornia.

As long as you register your rifle within the allowed period and you rifle wasn't one of the guns listed on the previous ban list, you will be fine.  but this don't mean the DOJ can't change their mind one day and decided all the semi auto rifle in the state are too much of a risk to the citizens of the state and decide to buy back every single one of them.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top