Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/14/2003 8:59:13 PM EDT
Is the bushy dissappator chrome lined, and what is it's conture, and is it subject to any operation problems due to a short amount of barrel past the gas block, or does it use a carbine position gas block underneath the handguard with a dummy gasblock front sight base near the muzzle?  
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, Heavy, There is a carbine block under the handguards.
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#2]
They also make a lighter version too. Go over to the industry section to Bushmaster and take a look to replies to my post.  Amos HTH
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 11:24:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont know about the others,mine is VERy dependable...NO issues whatsoever
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:21:32 PM EDT
[#5]
i can't recall a single malfunction with mine...i would recommend an actual Bushmaster, as other companies usually use full-length gas tubes with an enlarged gas port (DPMS).  BM is also the only chrome-lined DIssy i've seen.
it is pretty heavy.  consider the M4 or having it turned down by a smith.....
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a Colt barrel that I cut from 20" to 16"
about 10 years ago.
I guess you could call it a Dissipator.
It works just fine, no problems whatsoever.
I have cut about 5 barrels in this way.
I have had no problems and they all worked.
They were all Colt barrels though.
Scott
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:54:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a Dissapator upper about two years and 1000 rounds ago.  The only problem that I ever had was with brass that had nicked rims.  Those rounds would not drop into a case gauge either, so there was no fault with the rifle.  

Great for blasting but buy something else if you are looking for accuracy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top