Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2003 9:38:02 PM EDT
I've decided to get my 2nd AR.  I'm not dead set on any one brand, but Bushmaster and Rock River Arms are my two tops right now.  It's probably going to be an M4gery, but I might do and 16" A3 w/ a bull barrel.  I'm still not sure, but I'll probably drop the cash on it by the end of August.  

I'm sure I want to stick w/ 16" and go flat top to allow for more optics options, but other than that, I haven't decided.  

What's you're guys preference for a 16"?
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:40:08 PM EDT
[#1]
[size=6]BOOSHMASTER!!!!![/size=6]

M4A3. 11,000+ rounds. No hiccups.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I would not get bull barrel.  Way too much dead weight.  I had a 16" HBAR for years.  It always seemed heavy so I finnaly broke down last week and left it with a smith to have it recontured.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:41:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I suggest you try my new set up.  I am waiting for it, and think that it is ideal.  A RRA flat top upper w/ M4 Chrome bbl.  Gas block front with flip-up sight, flip up rear sight, and a four power cheap scope (soon to be traded for a red-dot).  I don't mean to be a hijacker here, but I do think that this set up will be great.  Send me an IM if you want to know more.  (I'm getting it cheap).  
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:48:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I own both BM and RRA.  I like BM better.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:07:30 AM EDT
[#5]
My suggestion is to build a lightweight carbine.

De Oppresso Liber
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:49:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Bushy A-3 superlightweight carbine... Love mine!!!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I really like my RRA, especially the sweet trigger. It represents a better value than Bushmaster (IMHO), especially since you can get a M4 profile from ADCO firearms with the Wilson brake. They even have a version with a 14.75" barrel (+1.25" for the brake) that looks really interesting. Whenever the cash frees up, that'll be my next rifle.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Be a man! Make your own decision. Dont be a "time out" kid.
GG
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:28:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Gun Guru:
Be a man! Make your own decision. Dont be a "time out" kid.
GG
View Quote

Don't you worry, son, I'll be making my own decision.  I just wanted to get some ideas as far as what other people liked for 16"-ers, as you can see from my last line in the 1st post.

What's you're guys preference for a 16"?
View Quote

I'm leaning towards Bushmaster's M4gery, but I don't really like their muzzle breaks.  I really like what ADCO does w/ their 14.75" chopdowns.

[img]http://www.adcofirearms.com/rra/m4short.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:06:45 PM EDT
[#10]
And I gave you my opinion. I apologize cuz I didnt realize you were and old man that wasnt able to make a decision. I thought you were a punk kid. MY MISTAKE.

For real though, all joking aside.
Im a total bushie fan. If your going the carbine way, why not the colt? For $100 more you get the M4 hand guards side sling, carry handle and T marked upper. The AR really doesnt need a brake IMHO. But it does need something to look cool. KKF can put a slip over fake flash hider. and you keep the 16.1" barrel. and you will receive that extra 1.5" of umph. The bushie is great but the Yankee actually pushes the weapon forward, which I despise. Big hammer and trig pin are no big deal.

GG
Link Posted: 7/15/2003 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Project idea:

Bushy flat-top upper w/ 16" pencil barrel

Cavalry Arms Muzzle brake (looks identical to the Wilson at half the cost)

New Cavalry Arms Mark II receiver in Coyote Brown (will be available in 3 weeks)

Coyote Brown M4 Handguards

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top