Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2003 11:55:46 AM EDT

It's not much, pre-ban Colt with FN M4 upper and the rest...

Enjoy and thanks, Dan
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 11:57:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 1:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]
that gun's nice, you kept it so where the rifle doesnt look cluttered, but yet you have everything you need just about.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 1:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice looking AR you have there.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 2:49:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys....Yea I really do not need anything else for the it, except, maybe, a Knights RIS
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 2:52:17 PM EDT
[#5]
nothing wrong with that.................
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 5:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
ah, sure, 'tis the wearing of the green!!  

Cool rifle, Dog1...very clean lines...and I like the green CAR stock with the black tube.  What kind of vertical grip is that?  
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
like the green CAR stock with the black tube.  What kind of vertical grip is that?  
View Quote

yeah,  what kind of handguards & how's the foregrip attached ?

Looks Good! [beer]
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:00:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Nice AR.

I like that green stock.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 6:10:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

It's not much,
View Quote
that's an understatement if i've ever heard one.....very nice rifle!
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 8:47:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
like the green CAR stock with the black tube.  What kind of vertical grip is that?  
View Quote

yeah,  what kind of handguards & how's the foregrip attached ?

Looks Good! [beer]
View Quote

Looks like the UFIR from GG&G. Its just a simple weaver rail attached through the holes in the lower part of the handgaurd. Mine creates a little play between the two halves of the handguard, but its not too bad. What I want to know is, what brand and color of paint did you use to match the vertical grip so closely? Inquiring minds want to know....
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:20:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Well the rail and the grip are from AAC...and, don't yell at me, but I painted them.

I lightly sanded the stock, handguards, pistol grip and forgrip with 400 grit emery cloth, then cleaned with 91% Alcohol.

Then painted with the mil-spec Krylon paint...it has held up better than I had ever thought.

It's been handled alot and to the range without nary at scratch..

Thanks for the kind comments...
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 4:41:03 AM EDT
[#12]
could you tell me the stock # of that OD krylon?  is it 8143?  cause thats what i bought and i tested it on a spare A2 grip and its not the right color.  i tried it on an old FAL grip but this time i primed it and its a little better but still not right.  yours is what im after.
thanks

BTW: NICE RIFLE!
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:18:05 AM EDT
[#13]
It's Krylon #8143...I have used this paint for a long time and I have learned one thing about it....shake the snot out of it.....for at least 2 minutes.....

The first time I ever used this, I didn't shake it very well and it came out looking almost like a light tan instead of OD...I called Krylon and they told me that if the can has been on the shelf for any length of time, the paint seperates and needs to be shook up..they even suggested a paint shaker to do it, like at the paint desk at Home Depot or anywhere they sell paint...

HTH...Dan
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top