Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/12/2003 4:18:43 AM EDT
I am hoping to put together the weapon platform in the included pic. Going to be pricey but I just gotta have it. Bushy will be rifle of choice and the A.R.M.S S.I.R will be the platform. Can some one identify the front sight??? Have not seen it anywhere looks very much like the front sight from a SAW. How would I get that mounted as is in the pic? Would a special barrel be needed? All assistance will be greatly appreciated!

OOPS! UHH anyone know how to post a pic?
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:48:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Ok..Here is the pic..I hope!

[img]http://www.lesales.com/products/Arms_2_45M.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:50:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Hot Dog I did it! WOO HOO! gonna have a beer for that!
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
It's a PRI Front Folding Sight. You can get it at K2 Sports or MSTN.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:47:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help Bart! Can anyone tell me if I will need to have the front sight installed on a separate barrel or can the stock barrel be machined down to accept the PRI front folding sight?
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#5]
There are now 4 different versions of the PRI flip up sight the particular version pictured (with elevation adjustment knob) is no longer available.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 5:04:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Fourth,

I have not heard that the PRI front sight needs a special barrel to mount, believe any M4 contour barrel will be fine. E-mail Wes Grant from MSTN and ask him, he's got a s**tload of info about the PRI/ARMS/Knight's stuff, just to be sure. He's a good guy, and will steer you in the right direction if asked.

The SIR system pictured is the "M" model, just in case you didn't know. It requires the removal of the delta ring to mount. The "C" model does not.

Have fun,

John
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 5:21:15 PM EDT
[#7]
The latest version which is comming soon uses  crossbolts which completly clear the bottom of the barrel.

This is probably the version that would suit you

If you have a .725" barrel you are good to go!
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 8:12:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks again my most learned comrades. I will give Wes a call at MSTN for further assistance.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top