Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/11/2003 8:56:16 AM EDT
I 'm looking at a Rock River Arms Elite LE Tactical  Car A4. I will be adding a chrome lined barrel with a muzzle break. I would like to hear from some people who have RRA's and get some other feedback. I have been speaking with Rock River since the Shot Show and am very impressed with the product, customer service and technical assistance that they have. It sounds like they will build your AR however you like with no problem (within the law of course)... Any feedback would be great.    
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#1]
If you want a RRA rifle with chrome-lined barrel,[url]www.ar15sales.com[/url] will build one just the way you want it and they have them in stock.Pete's given me great service and delivers very fast.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Let you know in a week. Got an RRA 20" A2 upper coming from ADCO firearms.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one that I recently converted to Full auto and it runs great.  The fit and finish is nice and the price was pretty reasonable as well.  And yes, before I am asked, I am a Title II Mfg.

Jeff
(Who has never seen an AR15/M16 he didn't like) :)
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 11:05:53 AM EDT
[#4]
I just got a RRA upper from Adco and mated it with a complete lower straight from the factory and they match perfectly.  It's a great shooting gun and looks sweet.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#5]
i have a 24" varmint and i just LOVE it.  it has a great 2 stage trigger from the factory.  only had it out once (just got it a few weeks back) and put 300rds through without a hitch.  my friend that is a die-hard Bushy fan is very impressed with the RRA as well.

there's another thread on the DEA going to RRA's as well...
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 12:39:05 PM EDT
[#6]
A vry fine shooting rifle, and I LOVE that 2-stage trigger. No comparison at all to a stock Colt or Bushie. A great value to boot. From reading this board, it would be better to order through someone instead of going through RRA directly, as they're slooooow. ADCO or Pete's gets great review.

Mine is a 20" A4, hasn't hiccuped except for a faulty magazine.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Man it sounds like I picked a good one.  Like I said in the above post when I saw them at the Shot Show it looked like a nice weapon. I also went to Bushy's booth which was a nice product also but not very many factory options. I then went to Colt who really didnt seem interested in the civilian market. The reps were arrogant, and acted like they were doing me a favor by speaking to me. I've got a few Colts now, but I dont think I'll be buying any more....
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 1:20:57 PM EDT
[#8]
i got an rra upper from adco a few weeks ago. i put it on an eagle arms lower with an ace stock on it.  so far ive put more than 800 rds through it and zero problems.  very happy with mine and i dont think i could have gotten a better price any where.  adco is the place to get rra, especially with his $4 shipping!
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 1:40:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Mine took about 8 weeks to deliver... But it has sure been worth the wait. I am very impressed with it...

Kudos to RRA
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 1:57:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Hog
I've had my A3M4 since February 2002 and I couldn't be happier , I was stuck in the world of colt for a long time and did without because I wasn't going to pay the price for a colt , these guys who do "more power to 'em" , but for those who dont "more money to 'em" . I got mine from the factory and as we speak I have a National Match lower on order , and it is a little painstaking but it all passes . I did my research and chose RRA after looking at all the rest I suppose I would be a Bushmaster guy but they have the God-awful-est ugly brake on their M4 I think I would have rather bought a shotgun . So I saw what I was told and would consider to be a great - although highly overpriced Wilson Ut-M4 carbine and saw the RRA stamp on the receiver I called Wilson and discussed with them the RRA lower and I was told they built complete weapons !! Man did I score I feel like I got hi-priced gun on sale .  I had a hunch and am very satisfied with my RRA's and my decision to buy their rifle which my initial sale was all screwed up but they fixed it and fast !!  - their customer service can only get better .But it probably all depends on the order they get .Hey keep in mind it doesn't have a snake or a horse or a knight in shining armor but it will do the exact same thing to a target !!!!!!!!! Enjoy
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:12:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Well put HAMMERDROP...
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:19:12 PM EDT
[#12]
The last two I built were with RRA parts and both are now my favorite rifles.  Both have never had any malfunctions and fit and finish is great.  I will be sticking with RRA in the future.  Both pete and ADCO are great to deal with.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 5:22:46 PM EDT
[#13]
I am very happy I bought my RRA rifle. This was my first AR15 and I am very glad I did not buy another brand. My RRA rifle took about 8 1/2 weeks to get in, but it was worth the wait.

I bought mine through Legal Transfers and would highly recommend Pete. Like I said, the RRA is my first AR15 and Pete answered all my questions and worries. Get the RRA rifle.

RRA M4 Tactical Entry LE w/ RRA 6 Position Stock. The LE/Preban version comes with a pretty nice flash suppressor. I also have the US Property marked lower receiver.

Love it!
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:26:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all the responses..... I will order a Rock River this week.....
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:30:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I have the exact rifle you want to order, with chrome lined and all, i absolutely love it, it shoots great... couldnt be happier with my RRA
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 8:09:54 PM EDT
[#16]
I picked up at 20" Varmint with the EOP upper receiver today at the local gunshow.  Fit and finish seem on par with the other big names.  The two stage trigger feels really nice - hopefully I'll be able to get out sometime next week and see how she shoots.

For those that got the EOP upper, what height rings/scope combinations are you all using?

Link Posted: 7/12/2003 8:35:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I have a RRA CAR A2M4 and absolutely love it.  Fit and finish are terrific.  It's way more accurate than I'll ever be.  Bought it new locally from a knowledgeable dealer after looking at Bushy and Olys.  Came down to the Bushy or the RRA and I fell in love with the RRA trigger.  

I've had a couple of questions about the weapon (this is my first AR) and called their customer service dept; they were very helpful.

I am extremely happy with my RRA and recommend them highly.

Mike Sigman
[email protected]
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 2:00:25 PM EDT
[#18]
I just ordered a RRA 24" varmint upper to go on my ASA/ACE/Bushy internals lower.  I'll be swapping this lower out for a RR NM lower later, but for right now I have this.  I'll probably do a range report next weekend and I'll post it here if I can find this thread.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:07:48 PM EDT
[#19]
I can't say enough good things about Rock River.  I completed a week long rifle course with zero malfunctions while 3 colts we had broke down, one of which had to be replaced.  Not a real popular name, so they have the time to do it right.  My Entry Tactical is flawless, and customer service strait from RRA was even better- Check to make sure all parts are there though, they just moved.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 8:40:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Got the lower w/NM trigger I orderd in two weeks talk about heart failure . I couldn't believe it , I know it wasn't an upper those are a toothpull ...waiting and waiting .
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top