Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/11/2003 6:46:18 AM EDT
Thinking of putting together a Colt postban and wondering if getting the lower with the Colt target trigger is the way to go or aftermarket?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:57:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Well I'll jump in with my 2 cents.
I installed a JP trigger/hammer kit in a Colt several years ago and love it. Over 5,000 rounds and no problems.
I just put one in a BM Pre- Sept 94 and had 2 customers try it while they were at the shop.
Both are bringing in theie AR's next week for me to install their JP triggers.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 7:15:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Although the Colt target trigger/hammer are better than the average mil-spec FCG, they in no way begin to compare to a good aftermarket setup like the JP.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 8:11:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I recently bought a Colt accurised trigger for my HBAR. It is much better than a standard trigger, is single stage, and is a drop in with the Colt sear block. I like it, and am shooting much better offhand groups with it. I think it has slightly improved with about 200-300 rds through it, but I haven't actually measured it.

It doesn't begin to compare with the KAC 2 stage trigger in my SR25, but I also only paid $80 for it on sale from SAWLEsales. For me, the trigger was a nice improvement at a reasonable cost.

If your postban colt doesn't have a sear block, the Rock River trigger (Colt large pin is now available) is generally getting good reviews as well. I would probably have gotten this trigger-but it isn't a drop-in with the sear block.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 12:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Jp's in two AR15's and the Accuracy Speaks trigger in a Stoner SR25. I have been completely satisifed with both setups and both manufacturers stand solidly behind their products.
Good luck.
SD
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 2:45:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Jewell.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top