Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/10/2003 3:22:59 PM EDT
http://www.ctnow.com/news/politics/hc-guns0709.artjul09,0,3248186.story?coll=hc-headlines-politics

Gun control used to be an easy, reliable issue for Democrats. Presidential candidates could bring it up and audiences would cheer. No more. As the party's nine White House hopefuls hop from city to city in candidate forums, no one seems to want to talk guns.

Yes, let's make sure we get elected first, and THEN talk about taking guns away.

"This [pro-gun control] attitude has been a real problem in the West," Montana Democratic Chairman Bob Ream said. "Republicans have painted Democrats as people who will take your guns away."

They painted them that way because the Democrats do, in fact, want to take your guns away!

Notice that he's not talking about changing the pro-gun control attitude, he's only talking about changing voters' perceptions of that attitude...

Democrats hurt themselves posing in camouflage for ads or embracing gun owners with their rhetoric after years of voting against their interests.

We may be dumb gun-toting yahoos, but we ain't that dumb!

Sen. Kerry talked about how he was hunting at the age of 8 or 9, when he went to his cousins' Massachusetts farm to shoot woodchucks.

Perhaps he should be made an honorary Seeker of the Red Mist...

Need to make sure these guys don't get a "pass" on this! If someone (Republican or Democrat) has an anti-gun record, we need to keep that front and center in the public eye. And of course, don't forget to vote!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 3:28:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I second that gigantor,we need to epose every canidate on how they stand on the second ammendment and gun control,To me thats my biggest issue,I will or will not support a canidate on how he or she stands on this issue,if they are not for freedom and supporting my right to bear arms they are not for me and we have to tell others how they stand,You would think by now the democrats would start realizing why they lost the senate,house and presidency,and when the AWB ban expires on sept 14 2004 I hope where its 3 days after sept 11th that it will be fresh in peoples minds why we need firearms.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:56:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Guys, I hope we are all smart enough to see through all this horseshit about hunting. The second ammendment doesn't have a damned thing to do with hunting. Let's never forget what the democrats did with the phrase "......not suitable for sporting purposes." Let's throw all the bastards out, and make 'em get a job.

Cheers!
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
We know, but does everyone ELSE know?  There's probably a few million hunters out there who could give a rat's rear end about our ARs.  They need to be made to understand the concept of a slippery slope.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I DEER HUNT , DUCK HUNT , HUNT WILD HOGS(FERAL), HELL I HUNT ANYTHING THAT HAS A SEASON. AND YOU ARE RIGHT MOST HUNTERS THINK THAT THE AWB DOESN`T AFFECT THEM. I HOPEFULLY AM DOING MY PART TO CHANGE THAT. BOUGHT MY FIRST AR ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO. AND FELL IN LOVE WITH IT , HELL , I`M GONNA DEER HUNT WITH IT THIS YEAR , IF I CAN GET IT AWAY FROM MY WIFE!KINDA GOT OFF THE SUBJECT. ANY WAY , I KNOW THAT THE SECOND AMENDMENT ISN`T ABOUT DUCK HUNTING, IT`S ABOUT KEEPING THE GOVERNMENT IN CHECK.AND THAT`S THE MESSAGE IV`E BEEN GIVING MY HUNTING BUDDIES. TOOK MY BEST FRIEND OUT TODAY JUST TO SHOOT MY AR , HE LOVED IT HOPEFULLY HE`LL BUY ONE.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:45:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Keep buying those ARs,you never know when you might have to report with a rifle,ammunition and equipment "in common use at the time"
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 8:25:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Amen to that,you just never know !!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top