Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/10/2003 2:54:53 PM EDT
I don't want to Damage the Finish or the Gun?

Someone said a small punch and a few Blows with a hammer ?

Any other way ?

Dremel?

What ya Think?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 2:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I take a drill with a small bit, it comes right off with out any damage to the finish.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I use a flat tip screw driver that I dremeled a little thinner on both sides and put a chizel type edge on it,I put it on the crimped side not the dome side although ive never tried that side its sharp enough to work,but I put it on top of the crimped side flat to the swivel hole and tap the dome side to potrude it as far as it will got,regulary it moves enough to get the edge comfortably on it and a couple his with my punch hammer it shears clean off.Then I wind a 10 inch piece of paracord through so I can ready posistion sling it same on rear ,if I want to 1 ponit sling it I attach the rear to a caribiner on my gear.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 5:15:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Punch, rubber mallet, and good aim.  Hit the punch like you don't care and the pin will come right out.  If you try and be gentle with it, you will probably do more damage with the 15 "tap-taps" then with the 1-3 swings with a mallet.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 6:06:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Punch, rubber mallet, and good aim.  Hit the punch like you don't care and the pin will come right out.  If you try and be gentle with it, you will probably do more damage with the 15 "tap-taps" then with the 1-3 swings with a mallet.
View Quote

I second Vinnie, I have done 2 of mine this way and the pins come out so clean I could reuse them if I ever want to replace the sling loops.

Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:42:01 PM EDT
[#5]
My last couple I put the pin back in the hole, and just took the swivel off. That way IF I Ever want to put it back, Open, insert, close. No pin hunt.[;)]
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:51:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I second Vinnie, I have done 2 of mine this way and the pins come out so clean I could reuse them if I ever want to replace the sling loops.

View Quote

Word.  Vote #3.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I take a drill with a small bit, it comes right off with out any damage to the finish.
View Quote

Hell, I thought you had the best answer. I did mine with a drill also. The dremmel would be the next best. I guess the kids of today would rather beat the hell out of the thing. Whats next?
GG
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Going to be a small drill bit for me !!!

I'll pass on the Hammer Deal !!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top