Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 6:21:50 PM EDT
I was out shooting my carbine when i felt something inside the buffer tube break. I pulled my fixed telestock off the reciever and found my recoil buffer had broke.  The plastic cap on the buffer seperated from the buffer body and allowed the weight inside the buffer to come out. When the cap seperated it also took a little bit of metal from the buffer itself. I can probably fix it, but would i be better off just to spend the $8 to get a new one?

LET THIS BE A LESSON: i shopped high and low for the cheapest stock i could find and like the old saying goes: "You Get What You Pay For!"
As you can tell, i certainly did.

thanks
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The bumper should have been urethane, not plastic, unless you have a 9MM SMG buffer (two piece).  Your attack plan is to either buy a new buffer, or just replace the bumper with the Buffer technologies replacement.

[url] http://www.buffertech.com/ar15.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 8:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Hey Patriot, would it be possible to post or email me a pic of the broken buffer assembly?  

I have a collection of various photos from arfcom of broken parts, many the result of "cheap" products.   Your's would be an excellent example.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top