Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 4:12:11 PM EDT
Hi all.  Looking to see if anyone can tell me what I can fairly expect to get for a near mint (not even sure it was ever fired), Post Ban, Colt Sporter Competition HBAR II.

Asked my local dealer what he thought I could get in trade (over the phone) and he said $600.  This sounds awfully low to me so I figured I would ask the experts :)

Any help appreciated.

Oh yeah, reason I'm wanting to find out is I'm looking to trade this for an M-4 style AR (probably RRA).

Thanks!

JR
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 11:14:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Two local shops here were selling that rifle NIB for $909-$1149. They give 70% of the selling price for trades. $630-$804.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 8:19:36 AM EDT
[#2]
600 is a bit low, like he said. How would you not know if it was ever fired??
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:29:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Ahhh...long story Pepsimayn.  I aquired this rifle from a relative who bought it at a gun show and then stuck it in a safe.  He told me that the guy he bought it from said it hadn't been fired, but how could you be positive?  I'm not an expert on firearms and especially not on ARs so I wouldn't have a clue where to even start.  The only thing I can say is that there are some very minor handling marks on the barrel from storage.

From New2ars post it sounds like I would be better off selling it than trading it, which kind of surprises me.  I would have thought a trade value would be alot closer to what they would sell it for (obviously not new so there is some depreciation, but 30%?).

Thanks for the input.
JR
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 11:31:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I would have thought a trade value would be alot closer to what they would sell it for (obviously not new so there is some depreciation, but 30%?).

Thanks for the input.
JR
View Quote

Most gun shops need to make a 30% margin in order to take a trade. The shop that I frequent uses %70 TV as a standard. Put it up on Gunbroker.com and see what you get...Good Luck!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top