Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2003 4:15:12 PM EDT
I got a new upper from bushmaster and the Handguard holes are covered by the Heat Shield where the heat has to go under the shields and then out the holes.

I'm putting an ARMS 50 on this upper and was going to used these New Handguards on another gun.

The other Bushy has open holes on it's handguards and you can see the gas tube through them.

The new Handguards look better as they are New but the holes have the heat shield in front of them.

Would I be better to leave the Open Hole handguards on the other Bushy?

What Ya Think?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#1]
6 one way, 1/2 dozen another. I guess it comes down to which ones you think look better.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I just though the old ones would cool better as the holes are straight through but the new ones look better?

Thanks..
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The new standard size handgaurds mimic the fat M4 handgaurds,the holes covered by the heat shield but underneath there are 2 rows of holes in the shield left to right. this is so the heat vents evenly with out heat rising getting so hot you get those tremors of heat rising up like you do with the open holes of the old ones.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:39:16 AM EDT
[#4]
The new style "Bushmaster" handguards come from one of the other sponsers of this site (the one with the pretty colors[;)]). I preferer the offset breathing holes.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top