Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/7/2003 5:23:28 PM EDT
I have a Bushmaster XM15E2S AR15 rifle. I've shot about 1600rds through it. Alittle while ago I won a camo painted M4 type fixed stock for it off of ebay. I put it on the rifle and went to go shooting with it. I only got off about 2 rds when it wouldn't keep shooting. I heard something moving around inside by the trigger so I took it apart. The buffer retainer & spring were not in there place. I put them back in and went to shoot again and the same thing happened. Is my problem because of the new stock or it it something else? I thought the buffer retainer was supposed to stay down in it's place & hold back the buffer. During recoil as the buffer goes back the retainer & spring are poping out. So, what did I do wrong & how do I fix it?

John D.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:46:11 PM EDT
[#1]
You didn't screw the telestock tube up far enough to prevent the buffer retaining pin and spring from coming out.  Hopefully it did not damage the housing too much.  One of our customers did the same thing to his M4 after removing his stock.  Just make sure you have that tube screwed up enough to prevent it from coming out.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 7:33:29 PM EDT
[#2]
 Thanks for the quick info! I'll check it out tomorrow to see if I can get the stock to screw up into the housing more.

John D.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:43:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Bill,
    Thanks again for the info. I took the rifle apart and moved up the stock a 1/8 inch to catch on the buffer retainer (duh!). Everything seems to work, now I gotta get to the range to shoot it!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top