Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/7/2003 8:17:58 AM EDT
Are any of you waiting to buy your new AR or upper until 9/2004 and the AW ban dies?

I don't want to buy a new castrated rifle when I can get the real thing in 13 months.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Go ahead and buy now...in fact the AWB may well morph into a much broader ban. The idea that the ban will sunset is a fantasy, held by some of our more optimistic members, who have spent so much time in the hot house enviroment of the gun boards, as to actualy belive the sunset could happen.

Take this one small tidbit of Fearandloathing advise.

Buy and build 'em just as fast as you can.

I know I am.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 9:11:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Are any of you waiting to buy your new AR or upper until 9/2004 and the AW ban dies?

I don't want to buy a new castrated rifle when I can get the real thing in 13 months.
View Quote

How many letters have you written to your congressman and senators so far? How many phone calls to their offices? How many emails?

Don't plan on the ban sunsetting in '04. Your answers to the above may be digits higher than zero but the majority of people on this board who are dancing for joy over the sunset would have a total score of zero on the above questions. They are full of noise and nothing else. The ban is here to stay and will only get worse. I pray I am wrong but I fear I am right.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 10:06:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I might buy another pre-ban before 9/04. Some of those prices are great right now.

BTW, I have called my reps about concealed carry and the anti-gun lawsuit bills. Now I will have to start on the AW Ban. My congressman needs to state a posistion. One of my Senators will support the Sunset and the other one is un-decided now.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I hope you're right about the AWB, but my gut tells me that when all is said and done, the existing one will be renewed.  Despite rosy predictions recently, I think the dems will continue to push the issue, and put pressure on everyone to at least renew the existing one.  Go ahead and get the rifle now...besides, by the time it does sunset (IF), you'll be able to afford another new one [:D]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 1:35:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Go ahead and buy now...in fact the AWB may well morph into a much broader ban. The idea that the ban will sunset is a fantasy, held by some of our more optimistic members, who have spent so much time in the hot house enviroment of the gun boards, as to actualy belive the sunset could happen.

Take this one small tidbit of Fearandloathing advise.

Buy and build 'em just as fast as you can.

I know I am.
View Quote

[b] I agree with 37 . The AW ban isn't going anywhere. What we need too do is keep it the way it is, the hope of it sunsetting is a fantasy , we don't want the ban to grow to include even more guns.

Don't wait to buy your per-ban or post-ban, BUY them NOW.  [/b]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top