Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/6/2003 12:10:32 PM EDT
Hello everyone...can anyone tell me what a good price is for a post-ban 20" Colt H-Bar?  I have the opportunity to buy one that appears to be unfired....I want to know if the price of this post-ban will go down after the bill dies.  Any information would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 2:14:35 PM EDT
[#1]
A good price for an unfired postban Colt would be around $750 or lower. Postbans will drop slightly in price after the sunset but I doubt by very much. Like many of us are planning to do, you can always get a new upper after the ban expires to bring her back to pre-94 configuration. Or you can take a postban barrel and have it converted by a gunsmith or DIY if you have the facilities. If it's a good deal and the rifle is in great condition then go for it, they will all be Nobans in a little while if we keep up the fight.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 3:18:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I can purchase the Colt for 700....I just didn't want to buy it today and in a year for it to drop down in price lower then what I paid for it...I already have a Bushmaster 16" that shoots very well and this rifle would be to keep in my collection.  Thank you for sharing your thoughts with me.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 4:40:55 PM EDT
[#3]
You're welcome. Aubie1, that
sounds like a good deal to me, and Colts usually command a higher resale price over other models as seen in the AR15.com equipment exchange and on other boards.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 12:07:30 AM EDT
[#4]
where can you get that deal????

Ill send them 700, and pay for an FFL transfer.  The cheapest i can find any cold in vegas is about $900.00
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:54:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I deal with a few local guns shops in Central Pennsylvania...this man is retired and has his shop in his basement.  One of his customers is "dumping" alot of his collection.  I was in the right place at the right time.  I know that the Colt should be more then $700 especially an unfired one.  He also has a M1A National Match for $1400...appears to be unfired....also a Benelli M1 Tactacal shotgun...btw that shotgun looks really nice...the gentleman just brought it in that day to sell.  I've helped my dealer sell his rifles and pistols online.  He has very good prices...glad to see that there are those in the gun business who's intention isn't to cheat everyone out of their  hard earned money.  I can give you the contact information if anyone is interested...Just send me an email at [email protected]    BTW my Bushmaster I bought used was $600 and it was fired...not much but still used....so this would be a steal at $700.  I've found so many good deals on rifles that I am amazed how and why others passed up on the opportunities..."early bird gets the worm" I suppose...Happy hunting to you all.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 5:20:05 PM EDT
[#6]
I paid 899+tax for my postban Colt h-bar
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top