Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2003 8:02:35 PM EDT
has anyone heard this stuff about HK uppers???
They were maybe saying it would be something like a gas piston operated one.  Maybe they want to still hold onto the evil black rifle market now that their SL8 rifles are banned from future import.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 8:57:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Been hearing about it for a LONG time. Who knows when it will come out.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#2]
strongmad,

What have you heard about the SL8 being banned?  I doubt they have been banned, seemed like a while back they voluntarily decided to stop importation.  Recently the HK distributor that works with my local gunshop said that they will be continuing to import the SL8.

Now, if HK made an upper that had a gas piston, it would be nice to have options.  You might be thinking about Special Weapons gas system where they are going to be using a piston acting upon the bolt carrier.  Some info can be found at hk-54.com.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 9:43:27 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw some crap in a FFL wholesaler's catalogue that the SL8 (that's the 223 right?) was being stopped from future importation, like I guess that b/c it didn't fit the "sportin purposes" crap.  Maybe it was just some wholesaler BS.  Anyway, thanks for the data
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 3:59:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I think H&K stopped selling the SL8 because it was not profitable.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#5]
RSR Wholesale group bought the remaing stock of SL8's from HK. HK has stopped importation of civilian SL8's. They will continue the importation of LE models. The current wholesale price from RSR is $899. That's the skinny!
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top