Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/5/2003 5:00:26 PM EDT
I have a Knight's rail adapter system mounted on my AR carbine now, and I'm not really sure that I like it that much. It adds weight to the front of the rifle, and is a little hard getting used to. It is well made, and seems quite versitle. I'll probably sell this one when I figure out what to replace it with. Anyone else have one of these, and what are your thoughts on it. Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 5:49:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Wouldnt be without one.  Not only does it let me bolt some very useful tools to my gun, it also has MUCH better heat dissipation compared to regular plastic handguards.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=24926&iGalleryUnq=235&iImageUnq=12665[/img]

Link Posted: 7/5/2003 8:42:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I would say at least half the people on this board own a RAS or one of it's KAC cousins!  Read through some more posts and you'll see what I mean.  You'll need some sort of handguard and really the only thing lighter is the standards which dont give you any mounting options comparitively.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 10:08:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't like it eh? I'll buy it! PM me if you want to sell it!
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 6:46:14 AM EDT
[#4]
ON a rifle that you just take to the range and blast away with, it is probably not necessary.  If you just want one thing hanging off your rifle, like a vertical grip or flashlight, there are cheaper options that are reasonably functional.

If you want the ability to customize your rifle to your current needs, the RAS is the way to go.  Plus it looks cool [;)]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 1:01:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my M4 RAS, and I don't even have anything on it, ...yet![:D]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 1:13:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies. I guess they are well liked. I guess I'll try it for a while, to see if I get used to it. IronBalaclava, if I can't get used to it, I'll send you a PM.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 3:08:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Lumpy,
How do you like that Vltor Stock?

Link Posted: 7/6/2003 3:53:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lumpy,
How do you like that Vltor Stock?

View Quote

Rock solid and rattle free.
The cheek weld is OUTSTANDING.
I like that I can pack it full of Aimpoint and Surefire batteries.

Good gear.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top