Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2003 7:05:16 PM EDT
I'm sure the latest crop of 'tactical' rifles from Les Baer and Wilson are nice but at their prices of ~$2000+ a piece who in their right mind would buy one?

I guess the same people who pay ~$2000+ for a customized 1911 .45 caliber pistol versus a $500-$600 Glock, HK, or Sig.

I don't know you all tell me.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:19:22 AM EDT
[#1]
You get what you pay for.  If a $1200 AR-15 will suit your purposes, or a $400 Glock is as much handgun as you want, then that is your best bet.  A 1911 that costs $2000 has a huge amount of personal attention from the maker, be it a gunsmith or factory.  You get a huge amount of freedom to tailor it to your needs that you don't get with a Glock, Sig, or HK.  The same goes with an AR-15.  A 16' carbine shooting 1/2 MOA is worth another $800 bucks to the folks who actually need these weapons.  The weapon that suits your needs, not just the most expensive one, is the best choice.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:35:53 AM EDT
[#2]
A guy came into my shop the other day with a Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry 1911 he bought from a friend, he wanted to get some highspeed accessories for it. I told it had already been done by Kimber, nothing more than night sights or a good holster was all he needed,lol.

Putting a big name like Wilson or Les Baer
on a rifle commands a big price, but I know that both makers are the best, esp Les Baer when it comes to 1911's.

But I don't make the kind of money to own one of their weapons.

Fritze Out
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 1:19:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Troy---I could not have said it better if I had tried!!!! Right on target.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
welp here is my personal take , i own a LB concept VIII, it shoots very well, it has extremely tight talerances, it is a biotch to put together after shooting it, it jus doesnt go right together, the slide takes a baby elephant to pull it back. BUt it is extremely accurate (not in my hands but competition single stack shooters, lol) it is a nice firearm, BUT (again with the buts, lol) it is very picky with the ammo it uses, i cannot shoot aluminum cases or steel cased ammo (not a big fan of anyway, but had sum laying around). the only reason i bought it was a gun shop was goin outa business and it was a deal i couldnt refuse. would i buy another one, doubtful, ill pick up a kimber first, as far as ARs i dont know bout the LB or WC, but i think a good Bushy Varmint would suffice, IMO. i like my LB, i wont sell it, but i wouldnt buy another.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:34:35 PM EDT
[#6]
If you have the cash, buy the toys that you like...Be it cars, watches, artwork or firearms.

How many folks need $350 red-dots, mounted in $125 bases, with $300 worth of flip-up sights, and $450 RAS/RIS handguards???

Capitalism at its finest, I say. God Bless America!
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#7]
All of Wilson ARs are way over priced. You get a paint finish or shake-in-bake. His barrels are not chrome lined. He does garentee accurcy and fit on the upper and lower is good but not $2000.00 good. A Colt or Bushmaster is better than any of Wilson's ARs and you if have to spend top dollar, buy a Kinghts.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:56:05 PM EDT
[#8]
The Wilson and Les Baer rifles are a waste of money.
I have shot these rifles and they do not shoot
any better than my Colt or Bushmasters.
Sometimes not as good.

I guess if a name means that much to you,
pay $2000.00 for one and be happy.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top