What are your opinions?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#1]
It would have to be the mag cinch.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:55:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:01:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Redi Mag, only way to go.  Otherwise rounds will walk out of the mag under rapid fire and the mags much more susceptable to get dirt n sh*t inside.  Sure the Redi Mag weighs more than a mag cinch, but it's certainly not heavy.  At least for some of us[;)]  Anyway I love mine.  It's a permanent accessory on my "Get Outta Portland" carbine.

I digress.  For mag cinches... Samco makes a good one.  Here's Bushmaster's link:
[url]http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/magazines/fbs-mcup1.asp[/url]

Got a few of these for my other AR's.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Doh I read this as a beta mag cinch.
I was hopeing some freak had cinched to beta drums together.
NoKarma
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 4:33:20 AM EDT
[#5]
I would have to agree with the Hokie, the REDI-MAG is the way to go.  I've had my mine on my carbine for five years and hasn't failed me.  It offers the fastest reload and more importantly if you plan on using yours in a tactical situation with an LBE or Tactical vest than the magazines are unaltered and you don't need a special double magazine pouch.  You just manipulate the magazines as you regularly would.

However, in the past I've used the Choate Machine and Tools all steel mag connector which worked great and was rock solid though I ran into the above problems (mag pouches etc.)
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#6]
My experience using mag cinch and a cheap stamped steel side by side mag holder by which i use the most in the last 4 yrs in a monthly practical rifle match as been  without incident.You need to experinent with your mags weeding out the ones that will walk under recoil.I use Okay,and one i tried walked, and the next one didnt,when i first set up.I tape all the mags i use at matches,knowing i wont have any surprises.I am not saying its better than Redi mag,just that it can work if you want it to.I chose it because in match play where you cant leave a mag behind with bullets in it without a penalty ,two mags clamped together is much faster than having to stuff a mag in your pocket with or without a redimag.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 9:49:37 AM EDT
[#7]
good point
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#8]
A bit off topic,

I have on order some 9mm mag pulls from SOG,

[url=www.sogarmory.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProductID=101569]9MM Mag-Pulls - Black.[/url]

These are going onto my Oly Arms 45 ACP carbine magazines, I hope I can get them to work, I don't see that they wouldn't.

I have always wanted one of the Redi Mags, and I am looking at getting one soon. The question is do they work with the Oly Arms 45 ACP mags, ie the one piece converted UZI mags.

[img]http://www.olyarms.com/images/uzimagwhole.jpg[/img]

I can remember attaching one of the Redi Mags onto a .223 AR when at Oly Arms, but I cannot remember if they worked on the pistol calibers.

I will call them monday and askmone of the guys in assembly on monday, but has anyone here had any experince with them?

Any suggestions on which Redi Mag unit to get, any preferences?

Fritze Out.

Link Posted: 7/6/2003 2:36:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I wanted to see if I liked the idea of attaching two mags. I had some para-cord and decided to try it. It works extremely well. I didn't do this for rapid mag changes. I did this for convenience when I carry them. It works so well that I don't plan on buying the mag cinch. I have a piece of wood between the mags. I then wrapped the wood with a piece of non skid shelf liner (from Lowes). The paracord makes it extremely tight and there is no movement. It's not permanent and only takes about a minute to unwrap.

Dan

[img]http://home.hiwaay.net/~sickler/opforstuff/mgshoots/june03Peidmont/NiceM1622.jpg[/img]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top