Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/3/2003 4:15:59 PM EDT
I know a lot of people don't like Bushmaster's AK74 muzzle break, but I'm more interested in knowing whether it's louder (and if so how much) than having a nekkid barrel.  Also, how does it compare to an A2 flash hider in terms of sound?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Its loud as shit, just about the loudest you can get. And it makes a hughe flash also.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#2]
i dont have any other ar's to compare to but its pretty dam loud. i forgot my hearing protection and decided to shoot and made my left ear feel weird for a couple of days.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one. I don't know that it's loader per say, but it does redirect the gas, and with it, sound. Instead of going down range, it's coming back toward you, or more likely, other shooters.
Oh, and it sucks when you're using a covered bench, but then, so does the 911.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:14:32 AM EDT
[#4]
I have one on my m4 clone.It is not increase noise over a plain muzzle to the shooter.Now any one to either side of you is going to be hurting.It also kind of redirects the blast to the sides and depending on ammo is more noticable.It is a very efective brake though.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:13:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Shooting you get some breeze from the AK brake, and concussion if your standing on the side is pretty good [shock]

[img]http://images.ofoto.com/photos242/9/44/29/72/36/0/36722944903_0_ALB.jpg[/img]

ReaperVelle
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#6]
refreshing change of pace from red [red]x[/red]'s
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I happen to love my Bushie AK Shorty. Yes it does redirect the blast back and to the side. That said it works the way it is supposed to, and quite well at that. I got a chance to drop my upper onto a friends M16 and it worked great at controlling rise under full auto firing . This is probably one of my more favorite rifles and would keep that one to the last.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:35:20 AM EDT
[#8]

Sure, the AK brake is louder (not any more than most others in my opinion) but it is the best brake I've ever shot if your purpose in using a brake is controlling barrel rise. I've also found my Bushy 16" with the AK brake to be very accurate.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top