Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2003 12:19:31 PM EDT
I have a Colt heavy barreled 16" upper, and I'd like to know if the KAC RAS will fit on it. I guess I'll have to edit this post when I get home and can actually measure the thickness of the barrel, but it's stout.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 12:49:13 AM EDT
[#1]
COLT HBAR IS .701 IN DIAMETER.  E-MAIL WES AT MSTN.  BEST INFO, BEST GEAR.  BEST IN THE BUSINESS TO DEAL WITH.  KAC RAS  FULL FLOATING WILL FIT.  YOU WILL HAVE TO REMOVE FRONT SIGHT AND BARRELL FROM UPPER RECEIVER TO INSTALL.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 5:25:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the front sight and barrel removal only necessary for the free float RAS?
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 6:40:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I believe the front sight removal is only necessary with the free float RAS. On the oither hand with the RAS II you get free floated barrel without having to remove the front sight assembly. RAS II will work with the HB.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Outstanding. Thanks gents.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 8:26:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

E-MAIL WES AT MSTN.  BEST INFO, BEST GEAR.  

View Quote

Agreed.
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 4:44:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 8:50:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Wes, you 'da man. Thanks for the very helpful clock. [;)]

Oh, and I don't have calipers, but I measured the diameter just aft of the front sight assembly by eye and tape measure, and it's just about 7/8" or .875" so I guess it's the RIS for me.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 2:01:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top