Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2003 11:36:47 AM EDT
My local guin dealer has a brand new Rock River 20 inch AR for sale at $789 is this a good or great price I am getting one almost for sure...

One question it has a wylde chamber the dealer did not have much to say about it???

My question is this, is the wylde chamber on RRA AR's good for 5.56 military ammo? Is this the mil chamber? Similar to my bushmasters??

How are the RRA Wilson barrels?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#1]
once again i will say this - [b] RRA really needs to explain the wylde chamber on their website![/b]

it is an intermediate chamber intended for match shooting. i have read people here saying that it is safe to use 5.56 in it. but there are many who know more than me so i'll shut up.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=162338&w=searchPop

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=163527&w=searchPop

from another forum:
"This is a chamber reamer designed by Bill Wylde of Illinois. He is one of the first pioneers in the developement of the AR for highpower shooting. He designed it in the anticipation of the US coming out with National Match ammo in 5.56. This has never happened. This chamber has the same body dimensions as the NATO chamber. It is the throat that is shorter in length than the NATO chamber. To seat a Sierra 80 to touch the lands in a NATO chamber the oal is about 2.550". In the Wylde it is about 2.465" oal. This is not a tight match chamber which is not a good choice in a gas gun anyway. With the Wylde you get good accuracy and safe functioning and feeding with a variety of ammo. A lot of us highpower shooters are using this chamber. "
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 1:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
[url]ammo-oracle.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 2:09:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Rock River, and I have put about a half case of Q3131a through it.  Works great.  NO a single FTF/FTE.

Geoff
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 4:03:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I've put a couple of hundred South African 5.56 through my RRA A2. Not a bobble or belch.
BTWm $789 is a good price, not great, but good.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#6]
I got my RRA 20" about two months ago, and since then I've put 990rd case of South African and about a third of a second case already with absolutly no problems at all.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:50:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks,
I really am thinking of just buying this RRA AR from my dealer.
I really like the fit and finish, I just shoot A LOT of military ammo mostly surplus SA, and Swiss 5.56 from Ammoman

Just want to be sure and get some "real world" feedback from actual users.

I can read that Wylde chambers take 5.56 but thanks to those who replied giving me the real truth. I have no fear now that 556 will run in the RRA wylde chambers

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:41:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy the RRA, sleep well at night knowing  you got a quality rifle, and will be able to shoot surplus ammo to your hearts content.

The price is decent, you could do a little better on gunbroker, but if it is a local dealer that you trust, spend the bucks to help support them.

Cheers, and keep pulling the trigger.

Geoff
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:56:14 PM EDT
[#9]
It is a better price than you would get in the state of Maryland.

The one I bought but can't have just yet (see new post) was priced at $900 before tax. About $30 of that is for a free month at the store's range, so say $870 as a price in Maryland.

I asked about ADCO and the clerk at the store seemed offended that their price was questioned and wouldn't do a transfer from them.

So I ordered it through the store and as has been the case for many posters, it took almost 3 months to arrive.

I was glad to read here that part of the issue is that they moved their production facility and had some down time. The standard "they have a lot of backordered LEO and military contracts" may be true, but you always wonder if it isn't BS.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#10]
It is a better price than you would get in the state of Maryland.

The one I bought but can't have just yet (see new post) was priced at $900 before tax. About $30 of that is for a free month at the store's range, so say $870 as a price in Maryland.

I asked about ADCO and the clerk at the store seemed offended that their price was questioned and wouldn't do a transfer from them.

So I ordered it through the store and as has been the case for many posters, it took almost 3 months to arrive.

I was glad to read here that part of the issue is that they moved their production facility and had some down time. The standard "they have a lot of backordered LEO and military contracts" may be true, but you always wonder if it isn't BS.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:08:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I just ordered mine in Maryland.

RRA 20" A2  for $750

but since my friend and I each bought one, we got $30 discounts.
so final price was $720.

Where the heck did you buy yours from??
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top