Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/3/2003 10:12:28 AM EDT
I got to work today and my boss called me and yelled at me. Then my wife called and yelled at me for planning a trip to rifle range tomorrow. (on my day off) Couple customers called and screamed at me. Man, today is not going very well. But I have had my spirits lifted after going to bradycenter.org and reading about what those fine folks are doing to protect me from gun violence. Just when I thought I was done educating myself to the dangers of assault weapons and concealed carry laws I found a telephone number that you, I and everyone on this entire board should call right now to learn how we can do more to help close the 'gun show loophole'. Well, I just picked up the ol' phone and called them right away to what I could do. It's great decause it is a direct line to a PERSON at the Brady Center not a automated call back service. These people are great- they love to talk about gun laws how we should GET THE GUNS OFF THE STREETS!

It was really great, it took almost 10 minutes for the guy on the phone (who lost his temper twice) to hang up on me as I discussed the legal ramifacations and rights infringement with him. Here is the number for everyone to call- I told him I had a few friends that were going to call too. (202)289-7319 I think they take collect calls if you dont want to make an LD call. Wow, today started of bad but I feel a lot better after talking to the fab folks over at Brady Center. Brighten your day too by calling now!

www.bradycenter.com/ler/leg/loophole.asp

Jason
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:39:09 AM EDT
[#1]
are you at the right forum?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Muhahahaha! Keep up the good work. Every collect call is a little chip at their foundations bank roll.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
are you at the right forum?
View Quote

Read the whole message!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:17:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I love good sarcasm! LOL
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:31:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmm...I got a message when I called.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:51:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Maybe they went home early for the holiday...
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#8]
That's great! Lets tie up the phone lines and bombard them with e-mails. I'm going to send this to a few people. I too am going to help close the gun show loophole.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe they turned on the machine when people started calling. At noon CST I got a nice lady who put Mr. Gun Control on the phone right away. If they don't answer today then be sure to remember to call. I plan to call a lot in the next few weeks.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 5:55:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Im trying to do it also............by buying every gun I can buy at the gunshows and putting them in my collection.
GG
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#11]
I clicked on the site, and I just got sick.  Adolph Hitler would have been proud of these people.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:02:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Jason.. Did you notice any specific things that got the representative really worked up? What did you mention to get him to lose his temper?

-Lee
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:02:57 AM EDT
[#13]
And you didn't just hang up on your wife because?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:57:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And you didn't just hang up on your wife because?
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:00:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I got to work today and my boss called me and yelled at me. Then my wife called and yelled at me for planning a trip to rifle range tomorrow. (on my day off) Couple customers called and screamed at me. Man, today is not going very well. But I have had my spirits lifted after going to bradycenter.org and reading about what those fine folks are doing to protect me from gun violence. Just when I thought I was done educating myself to the dangers of assault weapons and concealed carry laws I found a telephone number that you, I and everyone on this entire board should call right now to learn how we can do more to help close the 'gun show loophole'. Well, I just picked up the ol' phone and called them right away to what I could do. It's great decause it is a direct line to a PERSON at the Brady Center not a automated call back service. These people are great- they love to talk about gun laws how we should GET THE GUNS OFF THE STREETS!

It was really great, it took almost 10 minutes for the guy on the phone (who lost his temper twice) to hang up on me as I discussed the legal ramifacations and rights infringement with him. Here is the number for everyone to call- I told him I had a few friends that were going to call too. (202)289-7319 I think they take collect calls if you dont want to make an LD call. Wow, today started of bad but I feel a lot better after talking to the fab folks over at Brady Center. Brighten your day too by calling now!

[url]http://www.bradycenter.com/ler/leg/loophole.asp [/url]

Jason
View Quote

I'm going to call them on Monday and ask them how we can close the loophole between me and my gunsafe. Once I looked at my pre-ban, then my post ban and when reaching for the pre-ban I cut my finger on that extremely sharp and dangerous bayonet. I was bleeding and needed a Scooby Doo Band-Aid. This type of recklessness must be stopped! We must close the loophole to my gunsafe!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:12:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Thats great, good job! I recently went to there web site looking for someone to bitch at and came across one of Sarah Bradys quotes about the AWB. "Do we need to go back to the days where AK47s are readily available" she says. What a dumb bitch, she hasn't been to a gun show in a while has she, AK47s as far as the eye can see. There AWB has acomplished little.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:57:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Maybe she meant to say AK47s with bayonets?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:15:09 AM EDT
[#18]
I just went to their website and the banner at the top says "Support the Brady Center during this year's United Way campaign. Mark 2574 on your pledge card."

I haven't been a fan of UW for some time and am now even more disgusted with them. I plan to find contact information for them and let them know that even in the face of corporate coercion by managers who want to show a 100% support in their department they will not see a penny of my money as long as this remains in place and tough nuggies to the corp. guys when I cause them to not have 100% participation.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:02:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Do ya think Sarah Brady minded all those Secret Service guns guarding her and her husband? I can see her now. "No guns around me! I don't care if the President is with us"
Oh...and was her husband shot with an AK47? Ah NOOOOOOO.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Hey I just got a great idea! I'm sure It will keep all of us allot safer. We need to all get togeather and Ban Cars. Its a threat that many people seem to be overlooking. Each day hundreds perhaps thousands of people die each week to car related violence. I have even seen these So called "Assult" cars that have features that go above and beyond the needs of an ordnary car user. Some of these cars are even capable of speeds in excess of 30 mph which could kill dozens of innocet children in mere seconds. The American Movies don't help. I saw a preview for a movie called "The Fast and The Furious" and It practicaly begged owners of these Assualt cars to just mow down civilions at will. This is a growing threat. No body can tell me that there is a good reason to have a car. You can ride a bike to work. Or better yet walk. Long distance travil is overrated any way.
So Fight for survival is this tipsy turvy world and Do whats right....   BAN THE CARS!!!!

Ok...sarcasim gland returning to normal size.

Sorry about that.

JIM
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone take the parents quiz on the brady site??? Answer either true or false to any or all questions and you get the same answers..."you are in danger...yadayadyada..."
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:07:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hey I just got a great idea! I'm sure It will keep all of us allot safer. We need to all get togeather and Ban Cars. Its a threat that many people seem to be overlooking. Each day hundreds perhaps thousands of people die each week to car related violence. I have even seen these So called "Assult" cars that have features that go above and beyond the needs of an ordnary car user. Some of these cars are even capable of speeds in excess of 30 mph which could kill dozens of innocet children in mere seconds. The American Movies don't help. I saw a preview for a movie called "The Fast and The Furious" and It practicaly begged owners of these Assualt cars to just mow down civilions at will. This is a growing threat. No body can tell me that there is a good reason to have a car. You can ride a bike to work. Or better yet walk. Long distance travil is overrated any way.
So Fight for survival is this tipsy turvy world and Do whats right....   BAN THE CARS!!!!

Sorry about that.

JIM
View Quote

"Its not a question of if a car kills someone, its when." -Nero Wolfe

Check out their shit on the AWB. LMAO.

[url]http://www.bradycenter.com/ler/leg/assault.asp[/url]

Check ou this:
[url]http://www.bradycenter.com/stop2/quiz/index.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Check out their shit on the AWB. LMAO.

[url]http://www.bradycenter.com/ler/leg/assault.asp[/url]
View Quote

Man, they should have [b]something[/b] there! How about "Guns are bad. Assault Weapons are badder."

-Lee
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 12:53:35 PM EDT
[#24]
We should all help them out with a donation. We should call their number and donate one cent. Of course that will have to go on a credit card and the fee to process a transaction is around 30 cents but I doubt they'll notice losing the 29 cents. And if several thousand of us do the right thing and donate our penny think how much better off they'll be.

Oh, and I bet it takes a few minutes to complete the donation, say one tenth of an hour, of an employee making at least minimum wage. That's probably another 60 cents or so. So our penny donation only costs them about one dollar in the long run.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Let's see, if I read the first post correctly it says (202)289-7319 is the new AWB complaint hotline? And they accept collect calls?

We should have a contest to see who can keep them on the phone the longest without hanging up. Remember if they aren't talking to you, they may be talking to someone who might listen.

edited to ask if they have a toll-free number like a 800 or 888?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 2:31:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We should all help them out with a donation. We should call their number and donate one cent. Of course that will have to go on a credit card and the fee to process a transaction is around 30 cents but I doubt they'll notice losing the 29 cents. And if several thousand of us do the right thing and donate our penny think how much better off they'll be.

Oh, and I bet it takes a few minutes to complete the donation, say one tenth of an hour, of an employee making at least minimum wage. That's probably another 60 cents or so. So our penny donation only costs them about one dollar in the long run.
View Quote

This might work, if it were web based, and you could enter the amount rather than select the amount.
But, how would you respond if someone called and wanted to donate a penny?
A real person wouldn't take you seriously, and they may have a minimum amount, such as 5 dollars.
Just because they're idiots, doesn't mean that they are stupid.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:19:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

[whacko] I dunno 'bout dat.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:54:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

This might work, if it were web based, and you could enter the amount rather than select the amount.
But, how would you respond if someone called and wanted to donate a penny?
A real person wouldn't take you seriously, and they may have a minimum amount, such as 5 dollars.
View Quote

That's true however even if they didn't accept the donation it would use up an awful lot of time if thousands of people called to donate. If they first discussed the donation, what it would be used for, how they handle and track the accounting so the donors know their money is being used wisely, stuff like that. Then when you finally got around to telling them you wanted to donate a penny, even if they hang up, it's kept them away from someone who may not be intelligent enough to resist them.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:02:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Well yeah there's always that.
Time is money.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 5:46:13 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Sorry about that.

JIM
View Quote

If we ban cars can I keep my pre-ban? My truck is much more dangerous than other trucks. It's made in America and it has a switch to turn off the headlights (making it impossible for LEO's to find my truck at night) It has a 30 gallon gas tank (that is detachable) although I can refill it without removing it so maybe I can still drive it in California. It also is huge and could have literally thousands of pointed objects mounted to it. It is also equipped with a "retracrable" tailgate, very dangerous indeed. The thought of a truck hitting another object is scary enough, but just imagine if it had sharp pointy objects attached to it? That would surely make it worse. I guess I can just compromise and solder on exhaust tips with solder that melts above 1200 degrees, I think that will make everyone safer and if I make my truck safer, surely criminals will stop using cars for dealing drugs and driving drunk right? Thank God criminals can't get guns with bayonet lugs anymore and hopefully cars soon too. The more laws there are, the safer we will be guys. Nothing deters crime more than words on paper and erosion of rights and privledges.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 5:58:48 AM EDT
[#31]
So I guess postban vehicles will not be allowed to have two or more of:

- A lug wrench or threaded lugs
- A muffler (noise supressor)
- Collapsible seats so people can't hide the fact that they are in the vehicle by laying down
- A steering wheel, making it easier to plow down more people at once
- Be unable to accept detachable CD's but have a small selection permanently welded in...sinatra, debbie gibson, and other emotionally "safe" CD's.
- A firewall protecting you from the heat of the engine

Yup...this ought to have the same results as the assault weapons ban.

Link Posted: 7/5/2003 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Do you ever think what her life's work would have been if here husband was hit the head with a baseball, and suffered severe brain injury?

The Brady Center
To Prevent Baseball Violence
Leading the fight for a Safer America

Death to MLB!

Is your child playing with a baseball? DANGER!
Does your child know where the baseball is kept in the house? DANGER!
Is your child playing at a  friends, that has a baseball? Danger!

Link Posted: 7/5/2003 10:14:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Do you ever think what her life's work would have been if here husband was hit the head with a baseball, and suffered severe brain injury?

The Brady Center
To Prevent Baseball Violence
Leading the fight for a Safer America

Death to MLB!

Is your child playing with a baseball? DANGER!
Does your child know where the baseball is kept in the house? DANGER!
Is your child playing at a  friends, that has a baseball? Danger!

View Quote

I agree, nothing more dangerous and un-American than baseball but he did get shot I believe on a sidewalk.....so maybe, just maybe....

The Brady Center To Prevent Sidewalk Violence.
Leading the fight for a sidewalk free America.

Once I fell off my bike as a child on a sidewalk. Life has never been the same. Dr. Phil told me that if I hadn't had such a traumatic brush with a sidewalk as a child then as an adult, I would have no interest in preserving the United States Constitution.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 10:08:50 AM EDT
[#34]
OMG!!!!!!WaHAHAHAHHAHAAAHHAH!!![rofl2] [rofl] [puke]  [LOLabove] You guys are killing me!!! HEHEHHEHEH     HAHHAHHAHAHHAHHA
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 5:27:36 PM EDT
[#35]
This is Frickin Helarious! [LOL]

Remember a while ago when people were giving fake doctor names to get free [s]targets[/s] pamplets about their propaganda?
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top