Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2003 3:08:44 PM EDT
well, yeah I know there is a ton of posts just like this, but mine is a little more specific, I have a choice to make between armalite and bushmaster the up to the armalite is the warranty and the up to the bushmaster is the lacking of the ak muzzle break, I also have the option to get a bushy 14.5in. with ak brake and collapse stock, this rifle will be for target and a very occosianal cyote hunt, I want to make a tactical type rifle but the 14.5in is a little short. what do you guys think is better the armalite or bushmaster, are the armalite has the muzzle break,are they a good brake? Or are the to loud and accuracy damaging? please give reasons behind your answer if possible
thanks,  
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd go Bushy. Still have bad taste in mouth from Armalite deal months ago. Biased opinion?
Best to base decision on which has better customer relations, service and turn around time. IMHO.

Regards...

MM419
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#2]
what happened with Armalite?
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:16:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I can tell you my Prarie Dog rifle is a customized Armalite, wouldn't trade it for the world. Only custom thing on it is a Jewell trigger. It shoots under 1" out to 200 yards off its bipod, 250 if the shooter is having a good day [;)]
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:01:35 PM EDT
[#4]
I buy a non brake barrlled Bushmaster and have Kurts install his awesome A2 brake on it.  

you can go wrong with either Armalite or Bushmaster, I just favorite the Bushmaster since I have been a Bush user since 1988.

You buy a Colt for about the sme price as a Bush nowadays.  something worth looking into.

Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:19:59 AM EDT
[#5]
well, by a test at some website, I forgot which one, they burnt out the colt barrell at 10,000 rounds, and colts at the local gunshop here a 1000, the bushmasters and armalites are 850, well at least the ones I want

but is the armalite brake a nice brake, or is it bad enough to not want the rifle?
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:59:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I have a Armalite, and that one is my favorite, you wont be dissapointed at all
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top