Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2003 9:08:52 PM EDT
I've got a couple of pre-ban Colts and a hell of a lot of pre-ban hi-cap mags for everything from colt AR's to Glocks. After Sept. '04 (Hoping the congress does the right thing, NOTHING!) my investment and yours may take a hit like the stockmarket in 1929. Or will it? Will Colt and the rest re-tool where needed and start putting out un-blocked A-2's w/flash hiders and bayo. lugs? 30 round mags, folding and collapsible stocks? And all the other goodies that since '94 have kept my wife and kiddies in rags, (I tell the kids they're ghillie suits but since they got to college I think they are beginning to suspect something) I kinda think most of the old line military rifle makers  will kiss major govt. ass like S&W did a few years ago but I hope the new, young Turks of the gun 'Industrie' will be willing to take a chance that the following congress's won't re-instate the ban. I think our best defense against what seems to be inevitable is for every American man and woman to own and be proficient with a good and affordable military rifle that is complete with all the bells and whistles plus have a ton or two of ammo and a friendly place to shoot. Here's hoping! Mikke
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:41:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to nitpick, but it's "full capacity mag", or "full-cap", not high capacity. THat is a gun control term. And the 10 round or less mags are restricted capacity. I'm trying to spread that kind of terminology around, as are other members of the board.
Oh, and I agree w/ you about everyone owning and being proficient w/ a rifle.
Take care,
2IDdoc out.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 1:07:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Manufacturers are going to follow the money trail, and come September 2004 there will be a HUGE trail leading towards pre-ban configured rifles.  Any manufacturer that doesn't provide a significant amount of these things (or parts if they're a parts dealer) will lose considerable market share.   I personally think if politically correct Colt wants to kiss government hiney, the AR-15 community should get together and boycott them.  There's nothing that great about them anyway...they're not military spec, they're overpriced, and newer companies like DPMS are making superiod products.

Unfortunately most Colt owners I know are acting just as Pro-Gun Control as the democrats out there by voting with their wallets...supporting these idiots by buying their bastardized non-milspec rifles.

Convictions seem to run pretty thin when the community has another agenda.  Woah now, we believe in freedom but we aren't willing to put our money where our mouth is.

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 7:28:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Sad. Political correctness in a free forum like AR-15.com. Words evoke images and set tone. The tone required the words I used. Feel free to criticise but do not presume to censor me! Mikke
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 8:22:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

There's nothing that great about them anyway...they're not military spec, they're overpriced, and newer companies like DPMS are making superiod products.

Unfortunately most Colt owners I know are acting just as Pro-Gun Control as the democrats out there by voting with their wallets...supporting these idiots by buying their bastardized non-milspec rifles.

Convictions seem to run pretty thin when the community has another agenda. Woah now, we believe in freedom but we aren't willing to put our money where our mouth is.
View Quote

jzdziarski, you're talking out your ass. As a owner of three pre-ban Colts, I actively support the AWB sun setting. I'm not in the least bit worried about losing any value of my pre-ban Colts. They will never be any more of them than there are now, so they're collector guns, their value won't go down. Some of us collect weapons and never sell them, so money isn't my first concern, it's being able to legally own the weapon that worries me. And as far as their quality, you won't find a [b]better[/b] made pre-ban AR15 or another one that actually says AR15 than a Colt. [;)]

So take your Colt bashing elsewhere... [rolleyes]

Dirk

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:05:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Manufacturers are going to follow the money trail, and come September 2004 there will be a HUGE trail leading towards pre-ban configured rifles.  Any manufacturer that doesn't provide a significant amount of these things (or parts if they're a parts dealer) will lose considerable market share.   I personally think if politically correct Colt wants to kiss government hiney, the AR-15 community should get together and boycott them.  There's nothing that great about them anyway...they're not military spec, they're overpriced, and newer companies like DPMS are making superiod products.

Convictions seem to run pretty thin when the community has another agenda.  Woah now, we believe in freedom but we aren't willing to put our money where our mouth is.
View Quote

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:27:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

[img]http://www.stopstart.freeserve.co.uk/smilie/jpshakehead.gif[/img][img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/yeees.gif[/img]

Link Posted: 7/1/2003 10:38:36 AM EDT
[#7]
If the ban does indeed sunset, firms will be forced to make the rifles in preban cinfiguration, because that is what people will want. If they don't then, as you said, they will lose market share.
Link Posted: 7/1/2003 11:03:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I have two (2) mint condition green label Colt H-BARS (not located in NJ). I hope the ban is no re-enacted and they are worth exactly what I paid for them ($500.00 each). I'd gladly take a hit on what I now own for a brighter future.

Just my .02

Mike
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top