Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/30/2003 2:12:02 PM EDT
Yesterday while out at my local range a guy that I've seen several times showed up with a really nice looking pre ban 20"A2 Bushmaster.  I  complimented him on his new rifle and he said he just got it from a long time co-worker who was in a jam and needed money fast. I had to ask the inevitable question, how muchdid you have to fork out? He asked if I had any idea what it was worth and my humble opinion was somewhere between $1300&$1700.
O.k guys sit down or you're gonna be sick. He said the guy let it go for--- are you ready,
$400.00. Being the good soul that I am I told him if he would follow me home I would be glad to take it off his hands on the spot for $700.00 but I guess it was'nt my lucky day. Some guys have all the luck. On a final note, I did recommend that the new owner go to this website and check the serial #s because if anyone is that stupid to sell an AR-15 so cheap the previous owner might have put a flash hider on a post ban not knowing any better.
Oh Well!
BASE-RIGGER
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 2:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
His friend would have been better off to sell it almost anywere else. Actually, I wonder how good of a friend this guy is for buying the gun from him for so cheap, when he could have suggested something else. I am always doubtful when I hear guys talking about outrageous deals they get.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top