Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/30/2003 6:53:09 AM EDT
I just got one of those new Cav Arms Socom Style stocks.  I am very impressed with it but I cant seem to get the old stock off.  The nut on the bottom of the cav arms stock came off with ease but I keep twisting the one that is on the gun with no luck at all.  Is there a special way to remove the current stock off of the tube without damaging it or the tube
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 6:59:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Just pull on the stock's paddle assembly until it can't move any further and at the same time, slide the stock off the tube. There is no need to remove the nut.

ls
Link Posted: 6/30/2003 11:31:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like you have one of those 'fixed' stocks.  If its from Bushmaster or RRA there will be 2 small roll pins also holding it on.

They will be on the left side near the end of the stock.

If its from another manufacturer they may have used some epoxy as well.

In which case you'll need a new receiver extension...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top