Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 8:11:38 AM EDT
I just sold a rifle and will be shipping it out of state via UPS. The buyer sent me payment along with an ink signed FFL. I understand that I ship the rifle straight to the dealer. My question is do I put the FFL that was sent to me in the rifle shipping case to be sent to the dealer, or do I keep it for my records? Is there anything else I need to do. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep it for your records.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 9:07:24 AM EDT
[#2]
yipper, and put the cost of insurance at one and 1/2 times of actual cost, also, dont lie to the UPS ppl , tell them it IS a firearm, (do not say AR15, jus say its a rifle or firearm). and that it is goin to a gunshop, they dont need to know anymore than that.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:59:16 PM EDT
[#3]
It's not a bad idea to make a copy of the FFL a ship along with the rifle.  If by some chance it gets inspected, the recipient's license will be immediately available to the inspector.

Keep the original for your records.

Also, if you are sending the rifle USPS (I usually send them USPS Priority Mail), make sure you don't mark the box in any way that might identify it as being a firearm.  BUT DO inform the postal clerk of the contents.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top