Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/28/2003 7:40:24 PM EDT
Someone I know is selling an eagle arms preban which says Coal Valley on it. It is a 4 digit serial #.

Is this for sure a preban lower?

Thanks
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#1]
To the best of my knowledge all of the Coal Valley Eagles are pre-ban.  I have two and they are OUTSTANDING.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 7:56:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
To the best of my knowledge all of the Coal Valley Eagles are pre-ban.  I have two and they are OUTSTANDING.
View Quote

Agree - on both points.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like mine!
4 digit SN is a good sign of it being preban.
You can go to Armalite's website and put it in the SN check
online and it will tell you if it was made before the ban, but not if it went out
as a complete rifle or as just a lower.
They charge like $25 for that in writing, but you can call them and they'll tell you for free.

Here's my PB Eagle:

[img]http://home.attbi.com/~s0ulzer0/pixx/Eagle01.jpg[/img]

~ s0ulzer0
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:29:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Saw an Eagle Arms new receiver at a gun show the other say and the serial number was in the 99XXX range, almost one hundred thousand.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 9:45:49 PM EDT
[#5]
That's because Armalite is back marketing AR15 and AR10 receivers under the name Eagle Arms.

Eagle Arms was the original company before they moved locations and changed names.  A four digit serial numbers Eagle with Coal Valley markings is very definitely pre-ban.
Link Posted: 6/28/2003 11:42:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a coal valley Eagle Arms, and Armalite verified it was preban.  very nice rifle.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top